The Career Conversion Programme (CCP) is an initiative by Workforce Singapore (WSG) to upskill or reskill Singaporeans by developing new capabilities to take on jobs in growth areas or new job roles. The CCP for Hybrid Event Executives aims to upskill current practitioners from the Hotel and Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conventions & Exhibitions (MICE) industries and equip them for the new hybrid event environment, which has become the new normal during this current pandemic.
Monthly salary support is provided by WSG to participating companies for 6 months, based on the following:
- Up to 70%, capped at $4,000 monthly
- Up to 90%, capped at $6,000 monthly for Singapore citizens aged 40 years and above
This programme aims to help trainees acquire the critical skills to plan, conceptualise and execute a virtual or hybrid event successfully, including utilising the appropriate technologies relevant for different show formats. In addition to management skills that will equip them for productions of varying scales, trainees will develop the necessary technical competencies through immersive training within a simulated production studio.
Examples of new job roles following successful completion of this programme:
- Hybrid Events Producer
- Digital Project Manager
- Online Conference Producer
Course Date: Commencing mid to late December 2021 (To be advised)
Application Period: 3 to 22 Nov 2021
Duration: 6 months
Time: 9am to 6pm (refer to the table below for details)
Delivery Mode: Hybrid (Face-to-face & Home-based Learning)
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic (for face-to-face lessons)
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This module equips participants with the ability to effectively derive data-driven insights to understand, forecast and formulate solutions for MICE planning.
Participants will learn to understand market trends and leverage audience insights across the lifecycle of an event – from goal-setting to programme planning to resource optimisation and finally to success tracking and evaluation.
This module will train participants to produce and manage virtual or hybrid events with the aim to create integrated experiences for attendees. Participants will gain the working knowledge needed to run such events end-to-end, overseeing various aspects including experience design, technical production, platform selection, digital integration, project management, marketing, and stakeholder engagement and management.
This module will train participants in current technologies, such as the multi-cam and live audio for streaming, and XR immersive sets. Topics that will be covered include:
- Current technologies and their utilisation
- The rationale for why technologies are adopted
- Practical application and integration of common platforms
- Multicam for streaming
- Live audio for streaming
- Extended Reality (XR) – Virtual immersive sets
Wireless technologies are essential in many productions. From deploying wireless microphones to providing adequate wireless coverage for WiFi devices, wireless technologies offer speed, flexibility and efficiency in many scenarios.
This module serves as a primer to the world of RF and networking, with a focus on:
- Understanding important fundamentals in wireless technologies
- Good practices to ensure wireless reliability
- Comprehensive design considerations for robust wireless system
- On-site measurement and evaluation skills to perform troubleshooting for a wireless system
This module requires students to apply their newly-acquired skills and knowledge gained in this course by developing a hybrid event proposal, including areas such as landscape scanning and analysis, goal and objective-setting, target audience identification, creative conceptualisation, digital media planning, tactical planning, success tracking and post-event analysis.
The Applied Project will see participants implement their Hybrid Event Project Proposal to the best extent possible in a real-world setting. Throughout the one-month timeline, participants will have weekly check-ins with the NP trainer to track their progress and milestones achieved.
Trainees will be required to:
- Implement ONE small MICE project OR part of a larger MICE project
- Demonstrate understanding, recall and application of hybrid event technologies and methods learnt in previous modules
- Provide weekly WIP updates on their progress
- Prepare a post-event wrap-up report
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who meet the minimum attendance requirement and pass the required assessments.
All participating companies in the Hotel and MICE sectors must fulfil the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Have a robust business plan on hybrid events that is approved by WSG and NP
- Have job descriptions aligned to hybrid event management/operations for the trainees
- [For existing employees] Have a transformation plan to transit them into the new roles
- Committed to work with WSG and NP on the necessary administrative matters related to the programme
- Committed to redeployment and training arrangements
All participants onboard the programme must fulfil the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents who are minimally 21 years old
- Must not be a shareholder of the company, or its related companies
- Must not be related to the owner(s) of the company
- [For existing employees] Must be hired by the company for at least one year
- [For new employees] Must have limited or no experience in hybrid event management/operations
- Able to plan and execute hybrid events for the company upon completion of the programme
- Must not be undergoing any programmes funded by other government agencies concurrently
- Possess basic digital literacy
View this Factsheet and FAQ for more details.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|After course fee grant for Singapore citizens aged 40 years & above [Until 31 Dec 2021 / Introductory rate for inaugural run only]||$1060.00|
|After course fee grant for Singapore citizens aged 21 to 39 years & Permanent Residents aged 21 years & above [Until 31 Dec 2021 / Introductory rate for inaugural run only]||$3180.00|
|After course fee grant for Singapore citizens & Permanent Residents aged 21 years & above [From 1 Jan 2022]||$3600.00|
|Full fee excluding GST, before course fee grant||$10600.00|