This advanced course is for Professional, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) who wish to pursue a career in the wholesale trade sector such as those in the Marketing, Business Development & Analysis Finance and Regulations.
The Business Decision Analytics Bootcamp focuses on business and application driven analytics to enable decision making in the business environment while the Financial Management Bootcamp is designed to help you understand the financial issues confronting businesses today and how to use the new financial knowledge acquired to make more informed decisions to better manage businesses.
Business Decision Analytics Bootcamp
Do you often use and manage data for work or business, and wish you had better knowledge of analytics? With the major business disruptions caused by Covid-19, it is even more essential now that businesses make informed decisions backed by data.
With minimal coding involved, the Business Decision Analytics Bootcamp aims to equip you with fundamental concepts of Data Visualisation for Business to develop interactive management dashboards for decision making. You will also explore how to use visual machine learning tools with drag-and-drop capabilities to build predictive models to aid in making critical business decisions to improve business performance.
Financial Management Bootcamp
As companies strive to cut costs and enhance shareholder value in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, the need to understand financial information has never been greater. This course seeks to equip you with the critical thinking and reasoning skills to navigate in a globally-connected world.
For more information, kindly refer to the SGUS FAQ at https://www.skillsfuture.sg/sgunitedskills
All courses are designed to have a blend of online and in-person learning on campus. The detailed learning plan shall be shared with you by the instructors.
Application Period: TBC
Course Duration: 10 months (Financial Management Bootcamp – 4 months followed by Business Decision Analytics Bootcamp – 6 months)
Next Intake: 22 Mar 2021 to 24 Dec 2021
22 Mar 2021 to 9 Jul 2021 – Financial Management Bootcamp
12 Jul 2021 to 24 Dec 2021 – Business Decision Analytics Bootcamp
Schedule: Weekdays, either 9am to 1pm or 2pm to 6pm
This course consists of 4 modules:
This module involves applying best dashboard design principles, data story-telling techniques as well as insight gathering techniques. Students will learn how to organize data, perform data preparation, develop interactive dashboards, design data story-telling reports and automate repetitive tasks.
This module aims to equip students with database concepts and management using Structured Query Language (SQL) for data wrangling and munging. Raw transactional data can be queried in aggregated form for use in Supervised or Unsupervised machine learning to solve classification or regression problems as well as identifying natural groupings in customers.
- Describe the nature and purpose of financial management, and how the objectives relate to an entity’s corporate strategy.
- Discuss the importance of working capital management and describe the different management approaches relating to the business entity, for working capital needs and funding strategies.
- Identify the purpose of investment appraisal, and apply the non-discounted and discounted cash flow techniques, adjusting for the effects of risk and uncertainty.
- Describe the different sources of short- and long-term finance that are appropriate and available to different business entities in different industries and size, including small and medium-sized entities.
- Identify the different types of risk that may be contained within a defined business environment and apply appropriate monitoring and mitigation strategies.
- Distinguish between management accounting and financial accounting.
- Use a variety of financial and nonfinancial indicators to evaluate the performance of an entity.
- Measure divisional performance, including the impact of transfer pricing strategies on performance management and control.
- Evaluate business strategies in conjunction with organisational and environmental constraints.
- Select and apply decision making techniques to promote the efficient, effective, legal, and ethical use of scarce resources.
- Demonstrate how management accounting can improve decision making and create sustainable value to the entity.
Certificate will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
Preferably with a local Polytechnic Diploma or recognized Degree (with English as the medium of instruction) in business, engineering, technology, or any other disciplines with at least one (1) year of relevant work experience.
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Students enrolled into the course are expected to bring along their personal laptop with the Windows 10 operating system installed.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness. Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
Full Fees (incl. GST): $13,696
Singaporeans & Permanent Residents (incl. GST): $833.34
Trainees must fulfil minimum attendance requirements and pass assessments to qualify for course fee subsidies. Trainees who are unable to meet these requirements may be asked to return the course fee subsidies that they have received.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$833.34|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$833.34|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$833.34|