This advanced course is for Professional, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) to pursue a career in the operations, procurement and sourcing or finance and regulations of the wholesale trade sector.
Covid-19 has highlighted the importance of using data and digitalization to transform the business models of organizations. What will help you to navigate these disruptions and gain transferrable skills as industries and organizations evolve?
This data science course focuses on digitalisation management with topics on digital functions curated from the list of EdX’s online courses, and financial management to provide contextualisation to the functional landscape. This will suit the self-directed individual.
The Professional Certificate (Data Science) Bundle is designed to introduce you to the various digital tools essential in the Business 4.0 era.
You will be equipped with skills and knowledge to implement and manage these digital solutions in organizations. This set of knowledge and competencies will enable you to help organizations shape and drive their business digitalization roadmap.
Application Period: TBC
Course Duration: 10 months
Next Intake: TBC
This course consists of 3 modules:
Upon completion, the knowledge and skills learnt in big data, FinTech, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), data science, analytics and project management will give you an edge to excel in your career. Topics covered include:
- Blockchain and FinTech. University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Analytics for Decision Making. Badson College, USA
- Agile Project Management. University of Maryland, USA
- Data Science Tools. IBM
- Computational Thinking and Big Data. University of Adelaide, Australia
- Strategic Applications of IT Project & Program Management. University of Washington, USA
- Describe the nature and purpose of financial management, and how the objectives relate to an entity’s corporate strategy.
- Discuss the importance of working capital management and describe the different management approaches relating to the business entity, for working capital needs and funding strategies.
- Identify the purpose of investment appraisal, and apply the non-discounted and discounted cash flow techniques, adjusting for the effects of risk and uncertainty.
- Describe the different sources of short- and long-term finance that are appropriate and available to different business entities in different industries and size, including small and medium-sized entities.
- Identify the different types of risk that may be contained within a defined business environment and apply appropriate monitoring and mitigation strategies.
- Distinguish between management accounting and financial accounting.
- Use a variety of financial and nonfinancial indicators to evaluate the performance of an entity.
- Measure divisional performance, including the impact of transfer pricing strategies on performance management and control.
- Evaluate business strategies in conjunction with organisational and environmental constraints.
- Select and apply decision making techniques to promote the efficient, effective, legal, and ethical use of scarce resources.
- Demonstrate how management accounting can improve decision making and create sustainable value to the entity.
Certificate will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
Preferably with a local Polytechnic Diploma or recognized Degree (with English as the medium of instruction) in business, engineering, technology, or any other disciplines with at least one (1) year of relevant work experience.
Singaporeans & Permanent Residents (incl. GST): $833.34
Trainees must fulfil minimum attendance requirements and pass assessments to qualify for course fee subsidies. Trainees who are unable to meet these requirements may be asked to return the course fee subsidies that they have received.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|