The future of work requires organisations and businesses to prioritise customer centricity for business success. The Certificate in ‘Designing for Customer Centricity in the Future Workplace’ aims to equip learners with creative, computational thinking and customer service skills to deliver effective customer-centric service.
Learners will also learn the LUMA system of innovation, using real-world scenarios for hands-on learning of each method’s activities and techniques to help their team identify the right problems to solve and design solutions that people want and need.
They will be awarded the LUMA Human-Centered Design (HCD) Practitioner Certification upon completion of the programme.
This part-time course is relevant for the following job roles- Customer Experience Executive, Customer Service Executive.
- Apply the Design Thinking framework to engage in customer-centric problem solving, so as to achieve desired customer outcomes
- Gather useful insights on the customer, using mathematics and data analytical tools
- Effectively identify customer needs, maintain and manage customer relationships
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: Mon & Wed
Time: 6 – 10pm
Delivery Mode: Classroom and Online
With the LUMA HCD Practitioner Certification, learners will be equipped with Design Thinking skills to tackle the challenges they face at work by designing innovative solutions that are customer-centric.
Participants will learn many human-centered design methods, using real-world scenarios for hands-on learning of each method’s activities and techniques to help them identify the right problems to solve and design solutions that address their customers’ needs. This will be achieved by the combination of expert instruction in the LUMA System of Human-Centered Design with learn-by-doing activities and expert coaching to apply the skills at the workplace.
- Problem Framing
- From Empathy to Insight
- Envisioning Future Possibilities
- Rapid Iteration
Learners will develop the computation skills essential for effective problem solving and analysis using mathematics and data analytical tools. They will be equipped to handle numerical and data reports, develop thinking, reasoning and modelling skills so as to gather useful insights on the customer.
- Introduction to Statistics
- Data Organization and Presentation
- Data Visualization
- Analyzing Data with Excel
- Summarizing Distributions
This module encourages learners to develop a customer-oriented mindset, sensitizing them to the rising expectations of customers in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Learners will develop effective communication and problem-solving skills in identifying customer needs, closing deals, and maintaining and managing customer relationships.
- Recognising the role of customer loyalty in your success
- Dealing with customer turnoff
- Techniques for winning customer loyalty
- Winning call centre and website skills
- Managing technology for customer relationship management
- Service Innovation to transform Customer Experience
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
Earn LUMA Certification as a Practitioner of Human-Centered Design.
- The following GCE ‘O’ Level grades and with at least 3 years of relevant work experience:
– English Language (Grade 1-6)
– Mathematics (Grade 1-6)
– One other subject(Grade 1-6)
- NITEC with GPA >=3.5 with at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Higher NITEC with at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- NITEC in Technology or Services with GPA >= 3.5 and with at least 2 years of relevant working experience
- Higher NITEC in Technology or Services with at least 1 year of relevant working experience
- Relevant WSQ Diploma qualifications (depending on sector, Programme & level – bridging course may be required) with at least 3 years of relevant working experience
- WPLN (Level >= 6) may be accepted as ‘O’ Level equivalent English Language & Mathematics requirements
Preferred: have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Important: Students enrolled in the course are expected to bring their personal laptops with the Windows 10 operating system.
Funding period for this course is from 1 Oct 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory..
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
*Additional course fee funding
Additional course fee funding support of up to 95% of course fees for jobseekers with greater needs. Individuals must be Singapore Citizens and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Long-term unemployed individuals (unemployed for six months or more); or
- Individuals in need of financial assistance – ComCare, Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipients or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients; or
- Persons with Disabilities
For more information on course fee subsidies, please refer to SSG website here.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$9720.00|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$2889.00|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$1089.00|
|Singapore Permanent Residents qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$2916.00|
|Eligible Applicants for Additional Course Fee Funding Support*||$639.00|