This advanced course is for Professional, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) to pursue a career in marketing, business development and analysis or finance and regulations within the wholesale trade sector. You will gain exposure to skills such as business development and finance.
Covid-19 has accelerated and unraveled changes in business’ spending behaviour. What will help you to navigate these disruptions and gain transferrable skills as industries and organizations evolve?
The curated list of asynchronous online courses from edX will suit the self-directed individual.
Professional Certificate (Sales) Bundle
The Professional Certificate (Sales) Bundle is designed to equip you with foundational skills and knowledge in business development and customer relationship while providing you with insights to emergent trends in the business-to-business (B2B) trade environment. This set of knowledge and competencies will enable you to help organizations reimagine and shift to a new normal in global B2B commerce.
Financial Management Bootcamp
As companies strive to cut costs and enhance shareholder value in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, the need to understand financial information has never been greater. Our Financial Management Bootcamp is designed to help you understand the financial issues confronting businesses today and how to use the new financial knowledge acquired to make more informed decisions to better manage businesses. This course seeks to equip you with the critical thinking and reasoning skills to navigate in a globally-connected world.
Application Period: TBC
Course Duration: 10 months
Next Intake: TBC
Schedule: Weekdays, either 9am to 1pm or 2pm to 6pm
22 Mar 2021 – 09 Jul 2021 – Financial Management Bootcamp
12 Jul 2021 – 24 Dec 2021 – Professional Certificate (Sales) Bundle
This course consists of 3 modules:
Upon completion, the knowledge and skills learnt in communication, negotiation, business development, marketing, customer relationship and digital transformation will give you an edge to excel in your career. Topics covered include:
- Trading for Development in the Age of Global Value Chains
- Structuring Business Agreements for Success
- Knowledge Management and Big Data in Business
- Digital Transformation: Business Development and Marketing
- Managing Disruptive Change
- Blockchain and FinTech: Basics, Applications and Limitations
- Export/Import Certificate
- Effective Communication for Project Stakeholders and Teams
- Negotiation Skills and Effective Communication
- Customer Relationship Management
- RPA Developer Foundation
- International B2B (Business to Business Marketing)
- Strategic Applications of IT Project & Program Management
- Describe the nature and purpose of financial management, and how the objectives relate to an entity’s corporate strategy.
- Discuss the importance of working capital management and describe the different management approaches relating to the business entity, for working capital needs and funding strategies.
- Identify the purpose of investment appraisal, and apply the non-discounted and discounted cash flow techniques, adjusting for the effects of risk and uncertainty.
- Describe the different sources of short- and long-term finance that are appropriate and available to different business entities in different industries and size, including small and medium-sized entities.
- Identify the different types of risk that may be contained within a defined business environment and apply appropriate monitoring and mitigation strategies.
- Distinguish between management accounting and financial accounting.
- Use a variety of financial and nonfinancial indicators to evaluate the performance of an entity.
- Measure divisional performance, including the impact of transfer pricing strategies on performance management and control.
- Evaluate business strategies in conjunction with organisational and environmental constraints.
- Select and apply decision-making techniques to promote the efficient, effective, legal, and ethical use of scarce resources.
- o Demonstrate how management accounting can improve decision-making and create sustainable value to the entity.
Certificate will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
Preferably with a local Polytechnic Diploma or recognized Degree (with English as the medium of instruction) in business, engineering, technology, or any other disciplines with at least one (1) year of relevant work experience.
Full Fees (incl. GST): $18,832
Singaporeans & Permanent Residents (incl. GST): $833.34
Trainees must fulfil minimum attendance requirements and pass assessments to qualify for course fee subsidies. Trainees who are unable to meet these requirements may be asked to return the course fee subsidies that they have received.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|