The course focuses on using data to create business insights, exploring digital tools to transform insights into actions, driving automation using RPA (Robotic Process Automation), understanding cybersecurity, experiencing artificial intelligence and understanding how 5G technology works. The basics of machine learning in relation to AI are also introduced in the asynchronous e-learning mode.
This programme is offered in partnership with IBM and will be co-delivered by IBM and Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
In line with the Infocomm Media Industry Transformation Roadmap, the course will prepare you for the digital economy by having an understanding of the topics covered in the course –
- Understand the impact of technological advancement in daily life and workplace and the future of work
- Appreciate how AI is transforming professions and industries through use cases and guided experience
- Understand 5G technology and how it can affect us
- Understand cybersecurity
- Understand how technology innovation is going to transform the world, what it takes to be innovative, how to participate in the change
- Learn how to use data to create business insights in the new data-driven business world
- Transform your forms and processes into online application with workflow
- Learn about mobile application development
- Experience Artificial Intelligence with IBM Watson by building a chatbot
- Drive automation using Robotic Process Automation
- Understand what is machine learning and appreciate basic concepts and applications
24 hours Online: 20 hours e-Learning + 4 hours assessment
15 hours Instructor-led: 14 hours (2 days) workshop + 1 hour assessment
2 day lessons (Synchronous e-Learning): TBC
3 months self-pace learning: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2 days lesson (including 1h assessment) and self-paced e-learning
Time: 9am to 5.30pm for instructor-led lessons
Delivery Mode: Synchronous e-Learning
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
• Module 1: Industry 4.0 Framework
• Module 2: Introduction of Cybersecurity
• Module 3: Turn Data into Insights
• Module 4: Go Digital with Your Forms & Processes
• Module 5: Experience AI
• Module 6: Build AI Powered Chatbot
• The Rise of a Data-Driven World
• Conduct a Machine Learning Project – [Part 1]
• Conduct a Machine Learning Project – [Part 2]
• How Machines Predict Values
• How Machines Predict Categories
• How Machines Predict Relationships
• Advanced Modelling Techniques
• Key Considerations when Machines Learn
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessment(s).
Basic IT Literacy
Funding period for this course is from 30 Nov 2022 to 30 Sept 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Absentee Payroll for company-sponsored participants (who meet attendance requirement
and pass the assessments):
Up to $4.50 per hour x 39 hours = $175.50 per pax, capped at $100,000 per enterprise per calendar year
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$1674.00|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding*||$497.55|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy*||$187.55|
|Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs*||$187.55|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$502.20|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$192.20|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$1674.00|