This course provides an introduction to the safe operation and optimization of a petrochemical plant. The course will cover fundamentals of process engineering, process instrumentation and control, aspects of industry automation / introduction to Industry 4.0, and the use of process simulations to enhance troubleshooting, plant start-up and shut-down and safe plant operations.
This course is suitable for those responsible for process design, production and operations in the petrochemical and chemical industry, including:
- Chemical technicians, operators, engineers and managers
- Chemical safety and quality analysts
- Production schedulers
- Professionals in chemical safety
Participants who complete the course will be awarded 14 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points under the Ministry of Manpower’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme for Workplace Safety and Health Officers (WSHO).
The course is designed to enable participants from a wide range of technical backgrounds and experience to develop and enhance their skills in chemical process design and understand the safe operation & optimization of a petrochemical plant via the use of process simulation software.
Course Date: 8 April to 9 April 2021
Application Period: 1 March to 25 March 2021
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Fundamentals of Process Engineering – Energy & mass balances, mass and heat transfer, and fluid mechanics)
- Unit operations – Compressors, pumps, heat exchangers, distillation columns and reboilers
- Instrumentation & Control – Temperature, pressure and level sensors, control valves, PID controllers, cascade control and feedforward-feedback control
- Use of process simulations to enhance plant start up, operation, troubleshooting and optimization
- Aspects of industry automation/ introduction to Industry 4.0
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessment(s).
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$642.00|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$192.60|
|Singaporeans qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$72.60|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$72.60|