Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA), organisations are required to appoint one or more Data Protection Officers (DPOs) to be responsible for ensuring the organisation’s compliance with the PDPA. Through this course, participants will be equipped with necessary knowledge and skills required of employees to Facilitate compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
This course will use the PDPA WSQ standard curriculum and assessment developed by the Personal
Data Protection Commission (PDPC):
- Overview of the Personal Data Protection Act (2012)
- Data Protection Provisions and Do Not Call Provisions
- Role of Data Protection Officer
- Dispute resolution
- Training and communications for compliance to data protection
- Managing data breaches
- Communications plan and management reporting
You should be able to do the following upon completion of course:
- Identify legislative and regulatory requirements of the organisation in accordance to
organisational strategies and objectives
- Communicate key legislative and regulatory requirements and related management systems to
relevant stakeholders to facilitate legislative compliance
- Assess internal and regulatory organisations’ policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Identify and document possible areas of non-compliance in business activities in accordance
with information format requirements
- Assist the review of adherence to legislative and regulatory requirements in accordance with
organisational guidelines / policies
- Assist in the integration of procedures to ensure adherence to legislative and regulatory
requirements in daily scope of work
- Prepare management report for follow-up action
Who should attend?
Compliance Managers or Data Protection Officers (DPOs); and
Human Resource, Admin, IT personnel, Sales and Business Development Executive/ Managers who need to be involved in data protection matters
John has extensive experience in production, consulting, credit evaluation, investment and fund management covering diverse industries regionally.
He has taught Real Estate and Product Design students in areas of project management, finance, investment, entrepreneurship and customer resource management in Ngee Ann Polytechnic since 2008. John has been teaching the Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act since 2018.
John is a proud alumni of Ngee Ann Polytechnic and University of Mississippi, USA with a Bachelor in Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude) and a Master’s in Business Administration.
Students who attained at least 75% attendance and successfully completed the required assessments will be awarded a WSQ SOA “BM-RM-301E-1 Facilitate Compliance with Legislative and Regulatory Requirements” from SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Interpret relevant organisational strategies, objectives, culture, policies, processes and products / services;
- Gather and collate necessary data;
- Acquire analytical skills to assess policies and procedures;
- Prepare management report;
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders;
- Ask the right questions to elicit necessary information; and
- Explain the compliance requirements of organisation
To be updated
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|