Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA), organisations are required to appoint one or more Data Protection Officers (DPOs) to be responsible for ensuring the organisation’s compliance with the PDPA. Through this course, participants will be equipped with necessary knowledge and skills required of employees to Facilitate compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
This course is conducted online, and participants should have an IT device with internet access.
This new 3-day curriculum incorporates updates to the following Advisory Guidelines: Advisory Guideline on Key Concepts of the PDPA; Advisory Guidelines on Enforcement of the Data Protection Provisions, and; Advisory Guidelines of the DNC Provisions.
This course will use the PDPA WSQ standard curriculum and assessment developed by the Personal
Data Protection Commission (PDPC):
- Overview of the Personal Data Protection Act (2012)
- Data Protection Provisions and Do Not Call Provisions
- Role of Data Protection Officer
- Create an Organisation’s Data Inventory Map and possible areas of non-compliance
- Dispute resolution
- Training and communications for compliance to data protection
- Managing data breaches
- Communications plan and management reporting
You should be able to do the following upon completion of course:
- Identify legislative and regulatory requirements of the organisation in accordance to
organisational strategies and objectives
- Communicate key legislative and regulatory requirements and related management systems to
relevant stakeholders to facilitate legislative compliance
- Assess internal and regulatory organisations’ policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Identify and document possible areas of non-compliance in business activities in accordance
with information format requirements
- Assist the review of adherence to legislative and regulatory requirements in accordance with
organisational guidelines / policies
- Assist in the integration of procedures to ensure adherence to legislative and regulatory
requirements in daily scope of work
- Prepare management report for follow-up action
Who should attend?
Compliance Managers or Data Protection Officers (DPOs); and
Human Resource, Admin, IT personnel, Sales and Business Development Executive/ Managers who need to be involved in data protection matters
Run 1: 21 – 23 Nov 2022
Application Period: 2 Aug – 1 Nov 2022
Run 2: 19 – 21 Dec 2022
Application Period: 1 Aug – 25 Nov 2022
Time: 9am to 6pm (3 days, with 1-hour lunch break)
Delivery Mode: Synchronous e-Learning
This course is conducted online.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Founder and Chief Consulting Officer, Young Technology Consulting Pte Ltd
Kar Hong has 30 years of experience in information technology. He specialises in data privacy and protection and Geographic Information System (GIS)
He is the founder of Young Technology Consulting Pte Ltd and specialises in data protection consultancy. His company is also an official training partner of International Association of Privacy Professional (IAPP) which trained many Data Protection Officers (DPO) and regional DPO.
Kar Hong was a National Computer Board overseas scholar. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with double degree in computer science, mathematics, and economics. He also has a MSc in Management of Technology from NUS and a MSc in Bioinformatics from NTU.
He is a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and has a Practitioner Certificate in PDPA (Singapore). He is also Advanced certificate in Learning and Peformance (ACLP) certified.
Students who attained at least 75% attendance and successfully completed the required assessments will be awarded a WSQ SOA “ICT-CGP-3020-1.1 Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act (2020)” from SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Interpret relevant organisational strategies, objectives, culture, policies, processes and products / services;
- Gather and collate necessary data;
- Acquire analytical skills to assess policies and procedures;
- Prepare management report;
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders;
- Ask the right questions to elicit necessary information; and
- Explain the compliance requirements of organisation
Funding period for this course is from 19 Mar 2021 to 30 Sep 2023.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Enhanced Training Support
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$738.30|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 and Permanent Residents qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$393.30|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$255.30|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$255.30|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$738.30|