Acquire knowledge and practical skills to conduct multi-sport programmes for children
- Understand the Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) principles for a lifetime of sporting and active lifestyles
- Conduct a full battery of locomotor and object control Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) assessments for children aged 3 to 10 years old
- Manage group tests and their results, via the world’s first and most comprehensive FMS Assessment Portal and Software App System
- Design and plan year-long, multi-sport coaching programmes for children aged 3 to 10 years old.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate, FMS-based multi-sport lesson plans for children
Course Date: 6 Dec 2021 – 8 Dec 2021
Application Period: 1 Oct 2021 – 6 Nov 2021
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am – 6pm
Delivery Mode: Classroom
This course may be conducted online subject to Covid-19 guidelines.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
1. Applied Research & the Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Principles (2 hr – E-learning)
– Understand the research on & importance of the Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) principles.
2. Introduction of Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) & the 17 FMS
– Understand the importance of Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) and assess 17 FMS of children age 3 to 10 years old based on global norms.
3.The FMS Assessment Protocol (3 hr – Theory, Practical & E-learning)
– Understand and implement the official protocol for conducting the FMS assessment that is supported by latest research studies.
4. Technology in FMS Assessment (3 hr – Theory & Practical)
– Assess the fundamental movement skills (FMS) with ease with the use of the world’s first techenabled FMS Assessment Portal & App, and the accompanying fully automated individualised Report Generation System.
5. Case Studies for FMS Assessment Application and Planning (3 hr – Practical)
– Design and implement FMS assessments based on a typical class of children and/or client-focused case studies using the FMS portal and App for deeper understanding.
6. Debrief Others on the Child’s FMS Results Using the FMS Assessment Reports (2 hr – Theory & Practical)
– Analyse and provide feedback to child, parents and others through the use of individual and group
7. Kids Mind-Body Development Methodology (1 hr – Theory)
– Understand the essential components that provide complete mind-body development of children.
8. Multi-Sport Coaching Programme Planning (4 hr – Theory & Practical)
– Plan and design a year-long coaching programme based on the physical competency status of a typical class of children.
9. Multi-Sport Lesson Plans & their Implementation (3 hr – Theory & Practical)
– Implement lesson plans based on selected sports and the fundamental movement skills (FMS) needs of children.
10. End-of-course Assessment (2 hr – Theory & Practical)
– Competency-based assessment approach through the use of case studies and practical assignment.
Edgar is Singapore's pioneer Sport & Performance Psychologist; he has worked with more than 40 different performance domains (e.g., sports, music, performing arts, military, civil defense, business, sales, online forex/futures trading, motor racing, professional poker, etc) from the schools to world championship levels since 1993. He was employed by the Singapore Government as its very first local sport psychologist in 1995. Edgar was the founding Head of the Sport Psychology Unit of the Singapore Sports Council in 1996. He was team consultant and travelling psychologist to numerous national teams preparing for the SEA Games, Asian Youth Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Youth Olympic Games, Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, World Championships, and ASEAN Armies Rifle Meets (till 2001). Currently, Edgar is a full-time sport & performance psychologist in private practice. He has consulted for and implemented season-long sport psychology programmes for numerous sports teams. He is also a longtime lecturer for the Singapore Sports Council’s National Coaching Accreditation Programme in Sport Psychology (Mental Skills Training) since 1996.
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
- 18 years and above
- Preferred but not required: National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) Certificate, SG Coach Certificate or its equivalent, PE or Sport Science diploma or degree
Funding period for this course is from 6 Aug 2020 to 30 Sep 2024. Note: Enhanced Training Support Package (ETSP) Arts and Culture, Tourism, Retail and Food Services funding ends on 31 Dec 2021.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Enhanced Training Support Package
For enhanced training support package, enter ETSP in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee after GST||$642.00|
|Singaporeans aged below 40, Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$192.60|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$72.60|
|Singaporeans, Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$72.60|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support Package||$64.20|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$642.00|