Acquire knowledge and practical skills to conduct multi-sport programmes for children
- Understand the Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) principles for a lifetime of sporting and active lifestyles
- Conduct a full battery of locomotor and object control Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) assessments for children aged 3 to 10 years old
- Manage group tests and their results, via the world’s first and most comprehensive FMS Assessment Portal and Software App System
- Design and plan year-long, multi-sport coaching programmes for children aged 3 to 10 years old.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate, FMS-based multi-sport lesson plans for children
Course Date: 7 June – 9 June 2021 (Mon – Wed)
Application Period: 5 March 2021 – 1 June 2021
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Edgar is Singapore's pioneer Sport & Performance Psychologist; he has worked with more than 40 different performance domains (e.g., sports, music, performing arts, military, civil defense, business, sales, online forex/futures trading, motor racing, professional poker, etc) from the schools to world championship levels since 1993. He was employed by the Singapore Government as its very first local sport psychologist in 1995. Edgar was the founding Head of the Sport Psychology Unit of the Singapore Sports Council in 1996. He was team consultant and travelling psychologist to numerous national teams preparing for the SEA Games, Asian Youth Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Youth Olympic Games, Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, World Championships, and ASEAN Armies Rifle Meets (till 2001). Currently, Edgar is a full-time sport & performance psychologist in private practice. He has consulted for and implemented season-long sport psychology programmes for numerous sports teams. He is also a longtime lecturer for the Singapore Sports Council’s National Coaching Accreditation Programme in Sport Psychology (Mental Skills Training) since 1996.
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
- 18 years and above
- Preferred but not required: National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) Certificate, SG Coach Certificate or its equivalent, PE or Sport Science diploma or degree
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$192.60|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$72.60|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$192.60|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$72.60|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$642.00|
|Full Course Fee||$642.00|