Building Skills to Solve Problems Creatively and Collaboratively
Earn LUMA Certification as a Practitioner of Human-Centered Design
Use Human-Centered Design Thinking in your daily work to tackle problems and design powerful solutions.
The LUMA HCD Practitioner Certification Program teaches you Design Thinking skills and equips you to tackle the challenges you face in your daily work creatively, collaboratively and with confidence as a different way of working.
Over around 9 weeks, the program combines expert instruction in the LUMA System of Human-Centered Design with learn-by-doing activities and expert coaching to help your new skills stick.
Participants will learn many human-centered design methods, using real-world scenarios for hands-on learning of each method’s activities and techniques to help your team identify the right problems to solve and design solutions that people want and need.
The Practitioner Certification Program runs as a cohort, so you will also be learning together as individuals, teams and as a group. Each section is limited to 20 participants.
This course is offered by the SkillsFuture Innovation Unit (NP CET).
Through a dynamic mix of presentations and hands-on activities, the programme helps you to:
- Use human-centered design methods, activities and techniques in your work on a daily basis, whatever your job is.
- Provide teams with a repeatable way to innovate, and begin to speak a common language for creative problem-solving that leads to faster, better collaboration that gets results.
- Know how and when to apply combinations of human-centered design methods to common challenges, such as aligning a team or coming up with better ideas. This offers creative alternatives to traditional brainstorming.
- Build your own agendas for work sessions that use combinations of LUMA methods to address specific business challenges. Help uncover deeper insights from market research
- Collaborate effectively and productively with others — whether that’s colleagues, customers or partners — both in-person and remotely, across locations and time zones.
- 12 – 15 July 2021 (Mon to Thu, 9am to 1pm)
Coaching Check-In and Extended Learning Sessions:
- 6 August 2021 (Fri, 9am to 11am)
- 27 August 2021 (Fri, 9am to 11am)
- 17 September 2021 (Fri, 9am to 11am)
Application Period: 8 April to 30 May 2021
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
Four (4) half-day live sessions of learning + doing the LUMA System of human-centered design.
Followed by three (3) two-hour live coaching sessions to help you apply what you’ve learned with assignments back in your daily work, share out your application results, receiving expert feedback from a LUMA coach as well as peer feedback from other participants. You’ll also receive further extended learning on new skillsets and methods to then apply to your day-to-day work.
Total Duration: Nine (9) weeks
In-class assessments and assignments. INCLUSIVE! LUMA Workplace® access One-year subscription to LUMA Workplace, our digital platform for Human-Centered Design to support you to take your new skills from workshop to workplace. Certification as a Practitioner of Human-Centered Design To earn LUMA Practitioner Certification, you will need to:
- Attend all the learning sessions in their entirety and participate in all the coaching sessions and assignments.
- Pass all 3 application assignments.
- Share your work with the group at the coaching sessions.
Once you successfully complete the requirements you will receive:
- Downloadable certification document customized with your name.
- Digital badge for posting to social media and sharing in email signatures.
All individuals and small teams from all disciplines and departments who want actively learn key skills to successfully navigate their future both personally and professionally and make things better!
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review. The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit, click HERE.
The LUMA Certified Human-Centered Design Practitioner course is accredited under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (“IBF-STS”) which supports training and assessment programmes under the Skills Framework for Financial Services. Only Singapore Citizens and PRs sponsored by Singapore-based financial institutions are eligible for IBF-STS accredited course. For more information on corporate runs under IBF-STS, please access the link HERE.
This programme is aligned to IBF’s Skills Category Level 3 under “Future-Enabled Skills”.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$3156.50|
|Full Course Fee (w/o GST)||$2950.00|
|Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||$946.95|
|Singapore Citizens who qualify for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$356.95|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs who qualify for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs*||$356.95|