This training programme will help learners understand concepts and techniques for mentoring effectively at the workplace. Learners will understand the different roles and responsibilities of a mentor and a mentee, enabling the mentor to guide the mentee in developing skills, strategies and capabilities for future growth and development in the organisation. The programme will also highlight key policies and practices required to implement effective mentoring at work.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of workplace mentoring
- Identify mentoring as workplace learning intervention
- Use appropriate types and models of mentoring
- Identify roles and responsibilities of mentors and mentees
- Demonstrate the ability to use mentoring tools
- Conduct the different phases of the mentoring process – Preparation, Negotiation, Enabling and Closing
- Engage the mentee during the various phases using effective communications techniques
- Align the mentoring journey and formulate a mentoring agreement
- Establish the closure of the mentoring journey through the development of an action plan
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2 days / 16 hours
Time: 9am to 5pm
Delivery mode: Synchronous e-learning
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice
• Mentoring concepts and models
• Mentors and mentees: Roles and responsibilities
• Workplace mentoring: Implementation via toolkit (effective questioning, active listening, positive communications, goal setting)
• Assessment: Class participation and Mentoring Plan presentation
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the required assessment.
No prior knowledge is required.
Funding period for this course is from 1 Jan 2020 to 29 Jul 2023.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) holders, please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$961.20|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$285.69|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$107.69|
|Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$107.69|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$288.36|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$110.36|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$961.20|