Polypharmacy – the concurrent use of multiple medications by the patient – can be quite common in the elderly who may suffer from several conditions. Understanding its impact and the tools you could adopt to reduce polypharmacy will help you provide better care for the elderly. Now deepen your understanding in this field through this easy-to-learn microlearning module!
This microlearning course (MLC) will enable you to appreciate the importance of polypharmacy prevention in the elderly. You will be introduced to tools to guide you in prescribing medication for the elderly to maximize patient safety.
In this MLC, you will:
- Learn what is considered as polypharmacy
- Understand the impact of polypharmacy on the elderly
- Know the effects of age on pharmacokinetic
- Explore tools used to reduce polypharmacy when prescribing
- Study the principles of prescribing for the elderly
This course is an Online Course that you can take at your convenience. You will be emailed instructions immediately after successful payment. As this course is hosted by our partner Gnowbe, you will be directed to their website for payment.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|