Acquire skills to harness data for better real estate investment decisions. Get trained by industry professionals in this course.
This module will provide learners with the tools to perform desktop market research by themselves such that they will be able to infer and forecast, from various supply and demand drivers, how the market trends will unfold over the short term (e.g. next 1-3 years).
Learners will explore the various sources of market data and get a basic understanding of research methods used in real estate market studies. It will be complemented by some basic knowledge of statistics and quantitative techniques.
Learners will be given exercises to gain hands-on experience in collecting and analysing real estate market data.
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Venue: Synchronous Learning (Online E-Learning)
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 3 modules:
- Understanding real estate segments
- Commercial (office, retail, hotels)
- Industrial (factory, warehouse)
- New types of real estate (data centres, co-living, co-working)
- Tokenised real estate and BlockChain
- Understanding real estate data
- Sources and definitions of real estate data
- Related data: demographics, economics
- Market research methodologies, surveys
- Overview of statistical methods
- Application of data analytics to real estate industry
- Data analysis and extrapolation
- Correlation and causation
- Data presentation and data misrepresentation
- Analysing supply and demand drivers for the main real estate segments
- Leading and lagging indicators
- Limits to forecasts: physical, economical
- Financial forecasting of real estate markets (REITs, listed developers)
- Forecasting demand/supply of physical real estate for rentals and buy/sell
Inter-dependence or overlap between different segments of real estate
Swee Yong is the CEO and the Key Executive Officer of International Property Advisor Pte Ltd. From Nov 2013 to Nov 2016, he was concurrently the CEO of Century 21 Singapore. Prior to running his own practice, he was a Director in the Real Estate Centre of Expertise at Société Générale Private Banking, responsible for advising clients on real estate investments, the Director of Marketing and Business Development at Savills Singapore and the General Manager at Far East Organization’s Indonesia office.
He holds an MBA in Marketing from University of Hull, UK, and completed his BSc in the Imperial College, University of London, UK and the Institut Louis Pasteur, Université de Strasbourg, France.
Swee Yong’s opinion is regularly featured in the Straits Times, Business Times, 新明日报, 联合早报, Channel NewsAsia, TODAY, etc. He has published 5 books on the property market: Real Estate Riches, Building Your Real Estate Riches, Real Estate Realities, Weathering a Property Downturn and Preparing for a Property Upturn. He is also an adjunct faculty at Lee Kong Chian School of Business in Singapore Management University. He has also lectured at the School of Design and Environment in Ngee Ann Polytechnic and at the Department of Real Estate in the National University of Singapore.
For courses with assessment, a Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement and pass all required assessment(s).
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessment(s).
Real Estate Salespersons will be awarded 4 Professional CPD Credits upon completion of the course.
- Applicants should preferably have a real estate salesperson license.
- Applicants interested in market forecasting and investments in stocks, properties, mutual funds etc.
- Public and industry professionals are all welcome to attend this CPD Course.
- Property agents serving customers who invest in properties.
- Real estate salespersons with more than 2 years in active property transactions for themselves or clients.
- Property Agencies, owners, KEOs, Investment Department executives, en-bloc or collective sales property agents.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 years & above||$60.50|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$160.50|
|Full Course Fee||$535.00|