Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is one of the most important techniques to make your presence highly visible in search engines and direct traffic to your website. By leveraging the power of Google Ads, you can achieve your marketing goals by optimising your online presence to focused target audiences.
Learn to use Google Ads effectively as part of your SEM strategy to market your brand, product or service effectively to meet existing demands in the market by capitalising on search engine traffic with strong user intent. Through this course you will gain valuable insights into search user mindsets, be able to identify relevant high-traffic search engine keywords, write effective SEM copy for Google Ads and Ad Extensions, as well as learn how to plan various types of SEM campaigns.
Course Date: 17 to 18 June 2021
Application Period: 24 March to 2 Jun 2021
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Introduction to Search Engine Marketing
- Search Traffic Research
- Importance of keywords in Search
- Identify high search traffic keywords through search traffic research on Google Ads Keyword Planner
- Structuring an SEM Campaign
- Understand the hierarchy of accounts, campaigns, ad groups, ads and ad extensions
- Understand how SEM Campaigns can be organised
- Organise target keyword groups into SEM Ad Groups, further grouped and targeted geographically by campaign
- Allocate content into headlines, ad copy, callout extensions, site link extensions and structured snippet extensions integrating relevant high traffic keywords
- Prioritise relevant high-traffic keywords in SEM copy
- Write compelling SEM copy for headlines, ad copy, callout extensions, site link extensions and structured snippets
- Media Planning & Campaign Optimisation for SEM
- Use Keyword Tool to project reach, impressions, clicks and cost based on fixed budgets
- Allocate media budgets to campaigns and ad groups based on priorities and budget limitations
- Write an SEM media plan
- Understand SEM bidding strategies
- Implement SEM bidding strategies through SEM optimisation
- Support SEM efforts sustainably
- Use Remarketing in SEM
- Plan search-relevant landing page content based on topics of interest identified on Google Ads Keyword Planner and Google Trends
On the back of 10 years of experience in writing and digital marketing both in-house and for agencies, Cheak Hong Ian founded Council Consulting, a digital marketing training consultancy that helps companies build sustainable, scalable online ecosystems to reach their audiences with useful, engaging and decision-making content.
Cheak has worked with various organisations from SMEs to MNCs, including brands like BMW, Emerson, Bata, Julie’s Biscuits, NCS, The Golden Duck and Trinity Medical, initiating campaigns reaching tens of millions of people within Singapore and throughout the Asia Pacific region, managing over S$5 million in digital advertising budget to-date.
Cheak holds a Bachelor of Communication (Mass Communication) degree from RMIT University and the WDA Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessment(s).
No prior knowledge of SEM or Google Ads is required.
Applicants should preferably possess basic Marketing / Advertising / Public Relations / Journalism Knowledge & Skills
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$342.40|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$102.72|
|Singaporeans qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$38.72|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$38.72|