With Singapore moving towards being a Smart Nation, sign up now to gain invaluable skills that will be useful for the digital workplace.
The future economy is digital, innovation driven, and powered by smart devices wired to the cloud. The course will equip participants with basic skills and digital tools in collaboration, cybersecurity, web conferencing, and also apps for navigating the sharing economy.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand job requirements in the future digital economy
- Learn how to work effectively in a tech-rich, data-rich environment
- Learn how to safeguard cyber security in daily/work applications
- Gain an appreciation of basic use of big data and information available in the workplace, and
- Develop an action plan for your own career progression and learning
Course Date:21 to 22 June 2021 (Synchronous e-learning)
Application Period: 29 march to 30 May 2021
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
Introduction to the Digital Economy
- Why go digital?
- Self-assess existing digital capabilities
Navigate the Digital Workplace
- Email, communication apps & platforms, social media,
- Cybersecurity – antivirus, anti-malware, cyber scams
- Productivity tools
- Video conferencing
Access, Evaluate and Apply Information
- Search techniques
- Access public agency platforms via SingPass App
- Cyber hygiene – data management in consideration of PDPA guidelines
Create Digital Content
- Understand the different types of licenses and permissions that apply to digital content
- Design principles and useful apps/platforms OR Basic photography/videography principles and editing
- Develop action plan for use of digital technology in one work function
- Identify and explore short courses for further learning
- Learn to apply for SkillsFuture Credits
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who complete the 2-day course.
Applicants should have knowledge of simple English.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit, click here.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs)||$50.00|
|NTUC Union Members (Only applicable for self-sponsored SCs & PRs)||$10.00|
|Full Course Fee||$797.15|