The future economy is digital, innovation driven, and powered by smart devices wired to the cloud. These new technologies are changing how businesses operate and the way people work. As competition gets fiercer, the ability to work with agility will always be in demand.
Power up your skills and stay competitive with basic skills and digital tools in collaboration, cybersecurity, web conferencing, and also apps for navigating the sharing economy. You will be able to understand job requirements in the future digital economy and learn how to work effectively in a tech-rich, data-rich environment.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand job requirements in the future digital economy
- Learn how to work effectively in a tech-rich, data-rich environment
- Learn how to safeguard cyber security in daily/work applications
- Gain an appreciation of basic use of big data and information available in the workplace, and
- Develop an action plan for your own career progression and learning
Course Dates: 25 & 26 Mar 2021 (Synchronous e-learning)
Application Period: 18 Dec 2020 to 10 Mar 2021
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
For sessions held at Community Centres/Club, Ngee Ann Polytechnic may disclose any information relating to you to People’s Association, the Community Centres/Club that the training is held and Employment & Employability Institute Pte Ltd for the purpose of audits in relation to this course.
This course consists of 5 modules:
- Email management & informal communication
- Online risks (phishing, data theft, public Wi-Fi) & management
- Productivity tools (scanning, contacts)
- Navigating E-payment systems
- Web search techniques
- Search within mailbox, local drive folders, WhatsApp
- Access public agency sites via SingPass App
- Capture information for evaluation
- Using Tableau for gathering data insights
- Understand the different types of licenses that apply to digital content
- Create digital artefacts for PowerPoint, posters, EDM, illustrations, etc.
- Video conference
- Team project
- Mobile office tools
- Calendar, reminder, to-do-list
- Explore short courses for further learning
- Learn to apply for SkillsFuture Credits
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
For Mums@Work members, enter MUMS@WORK in the promo code during course application.
For applicants entering under Enhanced Training Support Package, enter ETSP in the promo code during course application.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit, click here.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||$50.00|
|NTUC Union Members (Only applicable for Singapore Citizens & PRs)||$10.00|