Learn about smart technologies for smart buildings and smart cities. Gain insights from our experienced trainers from the facilities & management fields.
After this course, you will be able to understand
- Intelligent Building Management systems
- Seamless Integration of smart devices in buildings
- Use of IoT data to make smart control decision
- Measurement and Verification with IoT
- IoT for energy efficiency
- Energy management and Energy dashboard
- Smart control technologies to ensure the health and wealth beings of occupants and to operate building system efficiency
Course Date: 8 Mar to 10 Mar 2021
Application Period: 22 Jan to 22 Feb 2021
Duration: 3 days
Course Time: 9am to 5pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 3 modules:
- Introduction of Building Management System
- Introduction to HVAC Equipment
- System Integration
- Main components of the building automation system’s infrastructure
- Describe some of the latest BAS features such as wireless systems and energy
- Communication Protocols for DDC ie Open protocols (Lonworks, BACnet,
Modbus, OPC etc)
- Hardware selection and Router configuration, networking rules, parameter
adjustment, database save/load. Networking rules and Data Exchange methods
- Application and System Controllers, Controller addressing,Control Devices versus Controlled Devices
- Types of Control Devices
- Types of Controlled Devices
- Types of Control Systems (Pneumatic Control / Electric Control / Electronic or
Direct Digital Control (DDC))
- SMART Sensors
- SMART Controllers
- SMART Thermostat and actuators
- Common HVAC Control Strategies
- Energy conservation strategies & retrofits
- Design specification & sequences of operation
– Demand control
– Adaptive control
– Schedule control
- Cloud data analytics
- Fault detection and diagnostic systems(FDD)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) /SCADA
- BIoT: Building automation systems + IoT
- IoT reshaping Building Automation
- Measurement and Verification with IoT
- DDC Design for HVAC Equipment
These are the topics that you will cover during this short course.
Mr Rahul Dev is a graduate in Industrial Electronics Engineer. In addition to holding a Msc (Computer Control & Automation) from Nanyang Technological University Singapore. He also holds a MBA from University of Bradford, UK. Mr. Rahul Dev is currently the Head of the Service Department in one of a leading (SME1000) BMS integrator company - BMS Engineering and Trading Pte Ltd. He has close to 14 years of working experience in the Building/Process/Industrial automation sector. He has conducted numerous training on Building Management System for his company. He trains adult leaners in Building and Industrial Automation and Facility Management courses. He also works as part time lecturer in other private institute such Aventa Academy, Newton College etc.
Applicants should have at least an ITE certificate or a Diploma (engineering-related).
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$118.58|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$118.58|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$1048.60|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) & Permanent Residents (PR)||$314.58|
|SC and PR qualified for enhanced training support for SMEs||$314.58|
|Full Course Fee||$1048.60|