As a clinical educator in nursing, you become a role model for your students and an inspiration for the next generation workforce in healthcare. In helping others to learn, you develop your own skills in teaching, supervision and support which will set you apart in your particular field.
This course will equip you with the clinical teaching or education knowledge and competencies, and/or advanced clinical nursing skills to guide, supervise, assess and support the nursing students in the clinical areas.
You will walk away with a clear understanding of the roles and functions of Clinical Instructors in nursing education, and be equipped with relevant learning theories, clinical supervision models, clinical education strategies and student assessment. You will also get to apply the knowledge and skills learnt through clinical practicums.
Thursday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Course Start Date: 22 Apr 2021
Application Period: 15 Dec 2020 to 31 Jan 2021
Application Outcome Date: 1 Mar 2021
Full-time during clinical practicum at workplace. Daily shift 8am-5pm, Mon to Fri. Each student is to complete all below:
- (a) 21/6/2021 to 2/7/2021 (For those taking full course; and those who take PDC 1 only)
- (b) 20/9/2021 to 1/10/2021 (For those taking full course only)
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
You are required to complete 2 post-diploma certificates within 2-year validity period to be awarded the Specialist Diploma qualification.
Entry requirements for the course (Both Post-Diploma Certificate 1 and Post-Diploma Certificate 2)
• Be a Registered Nurse (RN) practising in the clinical setting
• Have an advanced diploma or post-graduate diploma in nursing and/ or a nursing degree
• Have a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience
• Have 2 years post-advanced diploma/ post-graduate diploma work experience
• Be supported or sponsored by the employer.
Entry requirements for applicants who wish to take Post-Diploma Certificate 1 (PDC 1) only
• Be a Registered Nurse (RN) currently practising in a clinical setting
• Have a nursing degree and/ or an advanced diploma or post-graduate diploma in nursing
• Have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience
• Be supported or sponsored by current employer.
Recognition of Prior Learning will be granted to applicants who have completed:
• A recognized Clinical Instructor (CI) course conducted by any one of the Singapore Healthcare Institutions (SHIs), and have worked as CI. They may be granted exemption for related modules or PDC 1.
• PDC 1 of SDCE offered by NYP.
Successful applicants will need to undergo a compulsory medical examination and vaccinations before semester starts. Please see details and instruction in the medical examination form for submission of all the required documents.
- The fees below are per semester.
- The fees below are inclusive of GST.
- The fees below are determined based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review and revision.
This course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
All Singaporeans aged 25 years and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding. This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants and must be applied via the SkillsFuture Portal. More details on the SkillsFuture Credit Claims will be advised upon admission into the course. Find out more about SkillsFuture Credit at www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Refer here for full table of course fees throughout the semesters.
Skills-Based Modular Courses (SBMCs) are bite-sized part-time courses for individuals to acquire new skills or deepen relevant skills, without the need to pursue a full diploma. Refer here for course fees for SBMCs.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$458.39|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$315.59|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$1222.37|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$315.59|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$3055.92|