A workshop on effective classroom management strategies
From how to organize the classroom and classroom materials to different ways of handling common children’s misbehaviours in the classroom, this workshop will equip you with practical tips and strategies that would turn the tables around and encourage your students to want to behave.
At the end of the class, you can walk away with your own customized classroom management plan, immediately implementable in your next class.
- Foundations of classroom management
- Managing the physical and psycho-social environment in the classroom
- Managing rules in the classroom
- Managing student behavior in the classroom
- Developing your own customized classroom management plan
Course Date: 26 Mar 2021
Application Period: 2 Feb to 11 Mar 2021
Duration: 1 Day
Time: 9am to 5pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 6 modules:
Foundations of classroom management
Connecting theory & practice
- Six facets of the physical environment
- Organizing the classroom and classroom materials
- Factors affecting the psychosocial environment
- Strategies to manage the psychosocial environment
- Planning classroom rules and consequences
- Establishing classroom procedures
- Understanding student behavior
- Strategies to manage student behaviour
- Manage challenging behaviour
- Developing your personal classroom management plan
- Sharing of classroom management plan (Action plans as a centre)
- Sharing and practice of strategies
As a MOE-trained English language and social studies teacher, Ms Farah Abdullah has more than 15 years of experience in education, having developed and tailored successful teaching and learning strategies for students with diverse learning needs and abilities.
In Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Ms Farah is an educational specialist in literacy and communication modules and is also an adult trainer for a part-time diploma in Care and Programme (Student Services & Coaching) where she
helmed related modules in Classroom management; curated the teaching materials and delivered the lesson to more than 50 adult learners in the Student Care Sector.
Prior to joining Ngee Ann Poly, Farah was with the National Library Board where she helped to conceptualized children’s reading programmes at public libraries, schools and community organizations and produced and
implemented editorial standards for NLB’s newsletters, resource guides, activity kits, reading recommendations and book reviews.
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement and pass all required assessment(s).
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessment(s).
Applicants should preferably have some working experiences with children and with managing a classroom for primary school going children.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$224.70|
|Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents||$67.41|
|Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents sponsored by SME||$25.41|