Workplace literacy is the skills you require to not only secure your job, but to advance your career. More than equipping you with the necessary communication skills that make you a valued employee, it provides you with the means to be a lifelong learner and to meet the challenges of work demands in a way that is productive and healthy.
This course specifically trains you in important Employability Skills required at the workplace,
so you can access career opportunities and further training. It also prepares you to take the Workplace Literacy (WPL) test consisting of:
Core: Grammar and Vocabulary
Skills components: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
(This course is in collaboration with SkillsFuture Singapore and British Council)
Tuesday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Thursday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Date: To be advised
Time: 6:30pm to 9:30pm
2 days per week – Tues & Thurs.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Core (Grammar and Vocabulary)
- Understand extended speech on a range of topics
- Comprehend structurally complex speech
- Understand detailed, informative presentations
- Speak fluently on a wide variety of topics
- Participate competently in meetings and discussions
- Understand complex text on subjects related to the workplace
- Understand detailed reports, policies, regulations and technical information
- Synthesize material and summarise information
- Write extended text on a range of subjects
- Express ideas and compare opinions
- Record and report work progress
Participants will enrol for WPLN assessment test.
- Anyone aged 16 or above.
- For individuals taking WPLN assessments in order to enter National Institute of Technical Education Certificate courses offered by Institute of Technical Education (ITE), minimum age of 18 years old for females and 20 years old for males (after serving National Service)
Note: Applicants must do a WPLN pre-assessment to determine their workplace literacy and numeracy level
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$385.20|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$145.20|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$385.20|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$145.20|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$1284.00|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$1200.00|