Spoken communication remains a crucial skill in the workplace as it is key to sharing ideas clearly, leading to less errors and smoother operations. Good verbal skills not only boosts your confidence and productivity, but helps you to build better relationships in the workplace as well as with your clients and suppliers.
This course specifically trains you in important Employability Skills required at the workplace, so you can access career opportunities and further training. It also prepares you to take the Workplace Literacy (WPL) test consisting of
Core: Grammar and Vocabulary
Skills components: Reading, Listening and Speaking
(This course is in collaboration with SkillsFuture Singapore and British Council)
Tuesday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Thursday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Date: To be advised
Time: 6:30pm to 9:30pm
2 days per week – Tues & Thurs.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Core (Grammar and Vocabulary)
- Understand and respond to simple greetings and introductions
- Recognise basic commands and state simple warnings and instructions
- Understand the gist of a simple conversation in the workplace context and respond to it
- Understand simple statements, questions and workplace announcements and communicate simply regarding work
Participants will enrol for WPLN assessment test.
- Anyone aged 16 or above.
- For individuals taking WPLN assessments in order to enter National Institute of Technical Education Certificate courses offered by Institute of Technical Education (ITE), minimum age of 18 years old for females and 20 years old for males (after serving National Service)
Note: Applicants must do a WPLN pre-assessment to determine their workplace literacy and numeracy level
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$213.47|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$80.47|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$213.47|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$80.47|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$711.55|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$665.00|