As organizations become increasingly technical, the ability to interpret data and numbers is more in demand in the workplace than ever. As such, those who are adept at numeracy are hugely sought-after by employers who value problem-solvers, as such skills also imply the ability to think critically, logically, and strategically.
This course specifically trains you in important foundational Employability Skills required at the workplace, so you can access career opportunities and further training. It also prepares you to take the Workplace Numeracy (WPN) test based on:
- Number and Operation sense
- Patterns, Functions and Algebra
- Measurement and Shape
- Data, Probability and Statistics
(This course is in collaboration with SkillsFuture Singapore and British Council)
Wednesday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Monday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2 days
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Delivery Mode: Synchronous e-Learning
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
- Number and operation sense
- Patterns, functions and algebra
- Measurement and shape
- Data, probability and statistics
- Make sense of single-step problems and perform basic problem solving using mathematical techniques.
- Handle numerical data using basic mathematical skills.
- Identify relationships and linkages within different components of data.
- Use computational tools and mathematical techniques to develop a solution.
Participants will enrol for WPN assessment test.
- Anyone aged 16 or above.
- For individuals taking WPLN assessments in order to enter National Institute of Technical Education Certificate courses offered by Institute of Technical Education (ITE), minimum age of 18 years old for females and 20 years old for males (after serving National Service)
Note: Applicants must do a WPLN pre-assessment to determine their workplace literacy and numeracy level
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fees||$267.50|