Urban life in the humidity calls for a majority of air-conditioned spaces. As such, it’s important that air-conditioning and refrigeration personnel be skilled in daily operational practices to ensure that these systems are reliable and efficient.
Upgrade your skills with knowledge in air-conditioning and basic mechanical refrigeration systems for buildings and industries. You will study practical examples of air-conditioning system designs in modern buildings along with the energy conservation and control behind the systems.
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Time: 6.15pm to 9.15pm
Duration: 6 weeks
Delivery Mode: Classroom Learning
This course may be conducted online subject to Covid-19 guidelines.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
- Introduction to air-conditioning and air-conditioning zoning alternatives
- Classification of air-conditioning systems
- Indoor Design Conditions and human comfort
- Psychrometry and air-conditioning processes
- Basic HVAC system calculation and control
- Problem of condensation in hot & humid region
- Heat transfer & functions of thermal insulation in air-conditioning
- CLTD/SCL/CLF Method (cooling load temperature difference/cooling load factor/solar cooling load factor)
- Mechanical Refrigeration System operation and Types of Refrigerant used
- Analysis of vapour compression cycle using p-h Chart
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
Funding period for this course is from 7 Oct 2019 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$648.00|