Deep dive into the digital wave sweeping across the finance industry fueled by emerging technologies such as A.I.
Hear insights from global speakers, collaborate and compete in assignments with a panel of regulator and industry leaders.
First-industry led course for AI in Finance
Our mission is to provide our learners with the tools and the knowledge to embrace the AI revolution in finance. For this reason, we created a reference course with the industry for the industry. Participants will be given a comprehensive overview on the most relevant trends through a very structured curriculum.
Learn from global thought leaders
Participants will learn from industry leaders who work at the largest financial institutions, fast growing startups, investors and regulators.
Those leaders share their experience and in-depth knowledge through the course, and give a unique insights on the use of AI in finance in the US, Europe and Asia.
Understand all sides of AI
The course gives an overview of the potential and challenges of AI in finance, from insights of entrepreneurs who are developing AI to leaders implementing AI in financial institutions.
From the technology to the role of people and the importance of ethics, participants will understand AI in a balanced structured way.
The online course if composed of video lectures taught by the Senior Lecturers, readings that complement the topics addressed in the lectures, and video interviews from Industry experts to illustrate specific points raised by the lecturers.
For more info, visit the Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship.
Course Start Date: 28 June to 27 December 2021
Application Period: 11 May to 6 June 2021
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 4 modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Module 2: Use cases of AI outside of Finance
- Module 3: Use cases of AI in Finance
- Module 4: Industry drivers of AI in Finance
- Module 5 : AI trends and future developments
- Module 6: AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Module 7: Natural Language Processing
- Module 8: Computer Vision and Machine Recognition
- Module 9: Recommendation Engine
- Module 10: Integration AI at a Strategic Level
- Module 11: Infrastructure for AI
- Module 12: The Role of People
- Module 13: Ethics in AI
- Module 14: Wealth and Asset Management
- Module 15: Insurance
- Module 16: Customer Service
- Module 17: Robotic Process Automation
- Module 18: Credit Scoring
- Module 19: Compliance and Fraud Detection
Dr.Winnie Cheng (New York)
Chief Data Scientist, Io-Tahoe.
Co-Founder, CTO & Chief Data Scientist, Flowcast.
Ramneek Gupta (San Francisco)
Co-head, Global Venture Investing Citi Ventures
Jean-Philippe Desbiolles (Paris)
Vice President, Cognitive Solutions & Global Partner, IBM Watson Group
Jon-Tzen Ng (Shanghai)
Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer, Ping An Technology
Dr. Jason Mars (Ann Arbor)
Co-Founder & CEO, Clinc.
Professor, University of Michigan.
The online course is composed of video lectures taught by the Senior Lecturers, readings that complement the topics addressed in the lectures, and video interviews from Industry experts to illustrate specific points raised by the lecturers. This course is self-paced and can be completed anytime before the end of the course duration.
Each of the 19 modules is ended by an Assessment Quiz to verify the understanding of the topic – a successful completion of the 19 quizzes leads to a Certificate of Completion of “Artificial Intelligence in Finance”. Each module also benefits from its online discussion forum, where participants can share, comment and exchange ideas on discussed topics.
The course duration is estimated to be between 10 – 12 hours.
- There are no pre-requisite to take the course. However those who already have an understanding of Fintech would benefit more.
- This course is for those who want to understand how AI is transforming finance, and be part of this new industry. Finance professionals, but also technologists, entrepreneurs, consultants or academics will benefit from the knowledge imparted by the course. As AI is permeating all sectors of finance, anybody in finance, or interested by the industry, could learn from the course.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$108.90|
|Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents||$288.90|
|Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents Sponsored by SME||$108.90|