Chubby dogs may be cute, but too many treats could lead to serious health consequences. Making sure your pet stays trim and healthy means providing it with the right nutrition as well as controlling the quantity of food it consumes. And that means looking after your pet inside and out.
Increase the quality and quantity of your pet’s life with in-depth knowledge on how to provide appropriate diet and nutritional supplements to optimize the health of your pets, and the skills to manage their weight through dieting and exercise.
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am to 5pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
- Understand what nutrition is and how it can affect your pets’ life without proper management
- Understand the appropriate diets for dogs, cats, and pocket pets (rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters)
- Understand general health diagnostic tests in the selection of appropriate diets for pets
- Understand how to perform a body condition scoring for your pet
- Understand the difference between the different diets sold for pets at different life stages
- Understand the causes and management of pet obesity (e.g. dieting, exercise)
- Understand the use of basic supplements to optimize health in pets
- Understand the basics of common intoxicants and poisons which pets may be exposed to
Gayathiri has a deep passion in animal wellness and care. She has been practicing as a freelance dog stylist and a dog massage therapist with more than 12 years of experience. She attained the Intermediate Professional Dog Grooming Certificate from the School of Pet Grooming Singapore in 2007, Canine Myofunctional Therapy Certificate in The National Traditional College, Australia in 2008 and the Diploma in Animal Physiotherapy from College of Animal Physiotherapy, London. With 5 years of experience as a Head veterinary nurse, she has seen various cases how massage therapy can help to calm anxious dogs or relief pain for dogs with arthritis or luxating patellas. She is passionate in promoting the use of alternative therapies for pet parents to bring pain relief, relaxation and health to their pets.
This course will be delivered in English and has NO assessment.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
Eligible for funding by National Silver Academy. NSA Funding ends 31 Oct 2022.
Singaporeans aged 50 years and above who wish to apply for the course at the special course fee will need to email a copy of their NRIC during the course fee payment before the course commencement.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 50 and above||$131.10|
|Full Course Fee||$246.10|