Python is one of the most popular programming languages around due to its powerful yet simple-to-learn features.
Used in diverse fields ranging from academic research, Artificial Intelligence, scientific computing to game development, Python is a valuable and versatile tool for creating quick solutions that can be easily understood.
Get a solid grounding in Python for development of applications, websites and web applications. Arm yourself with fundamental concepts of programming such as data types, variables, expressions, operators, selection structures, lists, functions, objects, classes and file I/O.
- Apply the steps involved in problem solving using computers
- Analyze problems and design suitable algorithms to solve real-world problems with a programming language
- Apply the fundamental concepts of programming such asdata types, variables, expressions, operators,selection structures and repetition structures,lists,functions,objects and classes andfile I/O.
Course Dates: 18, 19, 22, 23 and 24 Mar 2021
Application Period: 11 Dec 2020 to 21 Feb 2021
Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Problem solving using computers and Introduction to Python
- Simple Python Programming and Debugging – Variables – Data types (integer, float, boolean) – Interactivity – Operators (mathematical, logical)
- Strings and Lists
- Selection Structure
- Repetition Structure
- File I/O
- Introduction to Classes
- Exception Handling
- Mini Assignment / Assessment
Yang Zhenbin graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Computing in Information Systems (Hons) and holds a PhD. (Information Systems) from National University of Singapore.
Zhenbin has been a full-time lecturer with the Polytechnic since 2015. He currently teaches programming and cloud computing modules related to Diploma in Information Technology.
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessments.
For participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessments will be given a certificate of participation.
- Participants are to bring their own laptopfor the course
- Participants should be familiar with the use of computers
- Participants should preferably have passed GCE ‘O’ Levels course of study
- No previous programming experience is necessary
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$1476.60|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$442.98|
|Singaporeans qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$166.98|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$166.98|