There is a rapidly growing demand for writing professionals across various sectors as digital engagement with customers and other stakeholders intensifies. Media job roles such as content marketing specialists, social media managers, digital writers and video content producers are sought after as organisations ramp up key competencies for content creation and publishing on both paid and owned media – be it for video, web, social media or offline platforms.
This course is aimed at reskilling participants with little or no prior experience or formal training in writing to enable them to pivot towards a career in writing. It is also suited to mid-careerists with marketing, advertising, communications, and other media experience who wish to enhance and expand their writing skillset.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will:
- be equipped with the knowledge of creative, critical, analytical and technical skill sets in writing.
- understand the importance and demand for content creation and how well-written content can initiate more in-depth conversations via social media to attract and engage audiences and consumers.
- acquire knowledge to embark as a writer in the media sectors of film, television, radio, journalism, marketing, public relations and advertising as well as across non-media industries e.g. healthcare, banking, real estate etc.
Saturday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Course Start Date: Oct 2023 intake
Application Period: TBC
Application Outcome Date: One month after application closes
Class Day: Sat
Time: 9am to 6pm (inclusive of 1-hour lunch break)
Delivery Mode: Hybrid Learning – Face-to-face & Home-based Learning (Asynch)
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic/Online
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
You are required to complete 2 post-diploma certificates within a 2-year validity period to be awarded the Diploma (Conversion) qualification.
- Applicants should have a Polytechnic Diploma or Degree in any discipline.
- Prior formal training and/or experience specifically in writing is not required.
- Candidates with a good grasp of the English Language are preferred.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness. Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
- The fees below are per semester. For full course fees throughout the semesters, please refer here.
- The fees below are inclusive of GST. Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023. Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
- The fees below are determined based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review and revision.
This course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
All Singaporeans aged 25 years and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding. This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants and must be applied via the SkillsFuture Portal. More details on the SkillsFuture Credit Claims will be advised upon admission into the course. Find out more about SkillsFuture Credit here.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$476.70|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above||$328.20|
|Singapore Citizens sponsored by SME||$338.70|
|Singapore PRs sponsored by SME||$338.70|
|Full course fee for SC (for repeat, deferred modules)||$3177.90|
|Full course fee (for repeat, deferred modules)||$3265.92|