Learn how to provide chronic disease-specific health education and counselling effectively in the primary healthcare settings
Course Date: 7 Jun to 28 Jun 2021
- 7 Jun 2021, Mon, 9am to 4pm
- 8 Jun 2021, Tue, 9am to 2pm
- 21 Jun 2021, Mon, 9am to 2pm
- 22 Jun 2021, Tue, 9am to 12.30pm
- 28 Jun 2021, Mon, 9am to 12.30pm
Application Dates: 15 Feb to 30 Apr 2021
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 15 modules:
- Role and Responsibilities of Nurse Counsellor
- Effective counselling strategies
- Overview of DM
- Management of DM
- Administration of insulin for self and caregiver
- Home Blood Sugar Monitoring
- Diabetic Foot Screening (DFS) and Foot Care
- Diabetic Retinaphotograhy (DRP)
- Sick Days and Special day management
- Management of Hypertension
- Home Blood Pressure Monitoring and Action Plan
- Management of Lipid Disorders
- Management of Asthma / COPD
- Asthma / COPD: Self-Management skills
- Techniques in the administration of
Metered Dose Inhaler(MDI)
Dry powder inhaler
Use and Care of Spacer (Volumetric spacer
Use of Asthma Action Plan
- Management of CKD
- Use of MI tools for behavioural change
- Application of MI: Practice
In addition to the face-to-face contact hours, the participant will be given access to the
following three (3) micro-learning courses (MLCs) for self-paced learning to enhance
1. Counselling skills for nurses
2. Drugs used for diabetics
3. Polypharmacy for the elderly
Lynda Koh has a Bachelor Degree in Nursing and Advanced Diploma in Community Health Nursing. She also holds the Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDHE), WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), Master in Education from University of Adelaide and Master of Science (Applied Gerontology) from Nanyang Technological University. Lynda Koh has been trained in community health nursing, taking care of patients at different ages of their lifespan. She has the opportunities to provide care to the patients at the in-patient, primary care and community health settings. Her experience in health education includes teaching patients with chronic conditions on self-management skills. Currently a senior lecturer and program lead in the Ngee Ann Polytechnic, School of Health Sciences, she oversees the Advanced Diploma in Nursing (Chronic Disease Management) course. She also teaches both diploma and advanced diploma courses.
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessment(s).
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessment(s).
Applicants should be a Registered Nurse with the Singapore Nursing Board
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) & Permanent Residents (PR)||$224.70|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$84.70|
|SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy For Singaporeans||$84.70|
|Full Course Fee||$749.00|