Supervise operations to ensure a safe and healthy work environment in the cleaning industry.
- Importance of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH)
- Salient WSH legal and other requirements relevant to environmental services industry * Overview of WSH management systems
- Risk management process
- Incident Investigation and iReporting
- Carrying out WSH inspections
- mplementing WSH training and promotional programmes
- Recommending improvements to existing processes and justifying the corrective actions recommended to management
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Delivery Mode: Classroom
This course may be conducted online subject to Covid-19 guidelines.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Importance of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH)
Salient WSH legal and other requirements relevant to environmental services
Overview of WSH management systems
Risk management process
- Typical hazards in environmental services industry
- Methods for hazard identification
- WSH risk control measures
Incident Investigation and iReporting
- Conducting incident investigation and prepare report
- Evaluating suggestions and corrective actions to manage WSH hazards and unsafe acts or conditions at the workplace
Carrying out WSH inspections
- Types of inspections
- Verifying suitability of risk controls
- Identifying unsafe acts or conditions
Implementing WSH training and promotional programmes
Recommending improvements to existing processes and justifying the corrective actions recommended to management
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessment(s).
Funding period for this course is from 1 Jul 2020 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
- Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
- Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$453.60|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$134.82|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$50.82|
|Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$50.82|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$136.08|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$52.08|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$453.60|