This Work-Study Post-Diploma (WSP) is designed to give fresh graduates of a full-time Polytechnic Diploma* a career head-start in Community Optometric Practice.
This 12-month programme consists of 2 Post-Diploma Certificates (PDC), including on-the-job training with eye centres.
Successful graduates may be eligible for 40 CPE points.
Secure Your Future
- For Optometrists who wish to enhance their career and improve eye care in the community
- Earn a competitive starting salary
- Enjoy full company sponsorship of course fees
- Receive a $5,000 sign-on incentive*
*Terms & Conditions Apply
Strengthen Your Skill
- Deepen professional knowledge & skills in optometry through structured on-the-job training in clinical practice
- Receive career guidance & workplace support with a company mentor
- Attain industry-recognised certification through facilitated training
Enhance Your Worth
- Acquire relevant work experience & skills valued by the Optometry sector
- Enjoy wage increments & meaningful career advancement
Next Intake Date: 18 Apr 2022
Application Period: 15 Dec 2021 to 31 Jan 2022
Duration: 2 -3 times a week
Time: 8am to 12pm
Delivery Mode: TBC
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(a)Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
(b) Has graduated within the 3 yrs (or ORD for those who served NS after graduation) of the following full-time Polytechnic Diplomas*:
– Diploma in Optometry, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
– Diploma in Optometry, Singapore Polytechnic
Funding period for this course is from 1 Oct 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
As the WSP is a company-sponsored programme, the course fees will be fully borne by the company.
For the breakdown of the fees, please refer to this link.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$2377.45|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$6233.17|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$1609.27|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$15582.95|