This Work-Study Post-Diploma (WSP) is designed to give fresh graduates of a full-time Polytechnic Diploma* a career head-start in Community Optometric Practice.
This 12-month programme consists of 2 Post-Diploma Certificates (PDC), including on-the-job training with eye centres.
Successful graduates may be eligible for 40 CPE points.
Secure Your Future
- For Optometrists who wish to enhance their career and improve eye care in the community
- Earn a competitive starting salary
- Enjoy full company sponsorship of course fees
- Receive a $5,000 sign-on incentive*
*Terms & Conditions Apply
Strengthen Your Skill
- Deepen professional knowledge & skills in optometry through structured on-the-job training in clinical practice
- Receive career guidance & workplace support with a company mentor
- Attain industry-recognised certification through facilitated training
Enhance Your Worth
- Acquire relevant work experience & skills valued by the Optometry sector
- Enjoy wage increments & meaningful career advancement
Next Intake Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2 -3 times a week
Time: 8am to 12pm
Delivery Mode: F2F & HBL(Async & Sync)
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic/Online
For more information about application, please refer to the application guide here. Download application checklist here.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(a)Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
(b) Has graduated within the 3 yrs (or ORD for those who served NS after graduation) of the following full-time Polytechnic Diplomas*:
– Diploma in Optometry, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
– Diploma in Optometry, Singapore Polytechnic
Funding period for this course is from 1 Oct 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
- As the WSP is a company-sponsored programme, the course fees will be fully borne by the company.
- The fees below are inclusive of GST. Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023. Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
- For full course fees throughout the semesters, refer here.
- The fees below are determined based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review and revision.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$2374.05|
|Singapore Citizens sponsored by SME||$1634.47|
|Singapore PRs sponsored by SME||$1682.17|
|Full course fee for SC (for repeat, deferred modules)||$15826.91|
|Full course fee (for repeat, deferred modules)||$16221.06|