The Advanced Data Analytics and Visualisation Course allow participants to acquire advanced skills in one of the most important workplace computer programmes, MS Excel, to optimise data analysis. Through the course, participants will acquire data visualization techniques to represent data in an accessible and easy-to-understand manner. They will also be equipped to analyse data, perform predictive modelling and build data analytics projects using workplace data sets.
This part-time course is relevant for the following job roles- Administration Manager, Data Operations/Admin Executive, Admin Assistant, Data Entry, Data Curator.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Acquire information organisation and processing techniques efficiently
- Cleanse, prepare and manipulate data that will be useful for analysis
- Build data visualisations and dashboards using MS Excel to obtain insights and for reporting
- Perform data analytics using Excel tools and predict data using regression models
- Create automated data processes for organisations
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 3 months (part-time)
Time: Tue, Wed, Thu evenings (6pm to 10pm)
Delivery Mode: Classroom and Online
- Using data types in Excel
- Data collection and validation
- Data preparation
- Formula and functions
- Understanding good data visualisation practices
- Obtain insights with data visualisation using charts and Pivot tables/charts
- Analyse data
- Data analytics
- Predictive modelling
- Building a dashboard with intermediate Excel tools (slicers, timelines etc.)
- Effective Reporting and Data Communication
- Automation with Macros
- Macros with VBA
- Basic programming with VBA
- Basic automation with TagUI
- Apply acquired skills on workplace data sets
- Build a data analytics project
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
Preferred: have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Important: Students enrolled in the course are expected to bring their personal laptops with the Windows 10 operating system.
Funding period for this course is from 1 Oct 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
*Additional course fee funding
Additional course fee funding support of up to 95% of course fees for jobseekers with greater needs. Individuals must be Singapore Citizens and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Long-term unemployed individuals (unemployed for six months or more); or
- Individuals in need of financial assistance – ComCare, Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipients or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients; or
- Persons with Disabilities
For more information on course fee subsidies, please refer to SSG website here.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$10800.00|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$3210.00|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$1210.00|
|Singapore Permanent Residents qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$3240.00|
|Eligible Applicants for Additional Course Fee Funding Support*||$710.00|