There are many ways to build up your own reserve of mental resilience and one option is through self-learning. Learn at your own pace anytime and anywhere with our pool of clinical and professional instructors.
Enabling the Individual with Effective Tools and Framework
Our mission is to provide as many people as possible with the knowledge of understanding the importance of mental resilience in any environment.
This is why we have created a highly accessible online course, augmented with downloadable resources including proven methods and frameworks, for effective application in any context.
Curated and Delivered by Leading Industry Professionals
Co-created by Safe SpaceTM, leading psychologists and a HR professional from diverse backgrounds. They will be sharing their experiences and practical methods on coping with burnout and building mental resilience in the Community.
Exclusive Access to Free Online Counselling Session
Upon completion of the course, each participant will have exclusive access to 1 free session of Online Counselling Session on Safe Space.
Participants can choose from a team of experienced clinical therapists who are always ready to provide support and guidance in improving mental wellbeing.
On completion of the course, participants will be expected to:
- Appreciate differences between stress and burnout.
- Develop a strong awareness of the signs and signals of burnout at a personal level and in the workplace environment. Be equipped with holistic foundational self-care strategies (physical, mental and emotional) that can supercharge one’s mental resilience to resist burnout and gain strength from the experience.
- Understand ways to transform corporate strategies and HR processes by upskill-ing employees and team members with the knowledge and tools to cope with burnout.
The online course is curated with and delivered by clinical and HR experts, providing a series of video lectures, hands-on activities, and various tools and techniques, aimed at augmenting understanding mental resilience through practical application of personal and corporate strategies.
- 18 modules of self-paced learning
- Video lectures by healthcare and HR professionals
- Activities to augment knowledge
- Tools and techniques
- Corporate and HR Strategies for workplace transformation
Application Period: 14 Sept 2021 – 11 Oct 2021
Course Start Date: 01 Nov 2021 – 30 Apr 2022
Course duration: About 7 hours. Learners will be given a 6 months window to complete the course.
Interested applicants who register interest will be notified when the course is open for registration.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic and Safe SpaceTM reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 5 modules:
- Module 1:An Overview of Stress and Burnout, and Their Differences
- Module 2:Understanding the Causes, Consequences and Methods of Dealing with Stress
- Module 3:Stages of the Caring Cycle and its Impact on Preventing Burnout
- Module 4: Strategies, Tools and Techniques to Cope with Stress and Prevent Burnout
- Module 5:The Resilience Mindset
- Module 6:Effective Coping Strategies
- Module 7:Seeking Help, Support and Feedback
- Module 8:Strategies, Tools and Techniques for Building Mental Resilience
- Module 9:Developing an Action Plan
- Module 10: Benefits of Meditation
- Module 11:Growth Mindsets Vs Fixed Mindsets
- Module 12:Benefits of Growth Mindset
- Module 13:How Beliefs Share Learning and Response with Stressors
- Module 14: Activating a Change in Mindsets
- Module 15:A Nurturing Work Culture Vs A Toxic Work Culture
- Module 16:Peer Support at Work
- Module 17:Developing A Corporate Goal, Strategy and Plans for High Performance
- Module 18: Communicating with And Supporting Employees
- Module 19: Psychological First Aid / Responder
- Module 20: Introduction of effective communication skills
- Module 21: Resources available within the community
Lecturer, Ngee Ann Polytechnic and Ex-Lecturer, Curtin University
Ex-Principal Psychologist; SBCC Child Development Consultant Psychologist, KK Hospital; Clinical and Counselling Psychologist, Safe SpaceTM; The Private Practice
Independent Leadership Consultant with a PhD in Leadership Development; Leadership Resource Person; King’s Office, Kingdom of Bhutan (Concurrent); Chief Psychologist at a Leadership Centre in the Singapore Armed Forces (Prior)
Human Resources, SC Ventures; Director, Claymore Consulting; Ex-Executive Talent Lead, Circles Life; Ex-Organisational Development Partner Grab
Upon successful completion of all 18 modules, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion jointly issued by Safe Space™ and Ngee Ann Polytechnic. The course content is estimated to take about 7 hours.
About Our Partner
Click here to find out more!
There are no prerequisites for taking the course. Participants can achieve the best results from the online course by entering with an awareness that stress and burnout at work does happen, and that it is important to build mental resilience with a growth mindset to prevent stress-related illnesses.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$112.35|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$42.35|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$112.35|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$42.35|
|Singaporeans qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$42.35|
|Full Course Fee||$374.50|