To bring individuals up to speed on the changes taking place in the digital commerce and marketing world today, through a series of marketing- and commerce-centric digital skills competency training.
Why you should join this course?
✔ Chance to apply all the learning from the course by working on a digital playbook for an actual company (Capstone project)
✔ Experience product selling through live streaming and social media commerce (Experiential learning)
✔ Career transition and job placement support
This part-time course is relevant for the following job roles: Digital Marketing Executive, e-Commerce Executive, Campaign Executive, Digital Content Executive, SEO & Content Marketing executive
Online media consumption has seen tremendous growth and demand across digital devices. It is important for individuals to build essential digital skills that are applicable readily across workplaces. Participants will learn about the strategies in transforming marketing and commerce through digital for the purposes of stakeholder engagement, business expansion and brand building.
Participants will learn how digital marketing and commerce can shape new ways that business organisations operate and understand the impact of digital and social media on the business. Participants will have the opportunity to learn through planning and developing a digital marketing and commerce playbook for a company and explore current digital media trends and strategies employed by successful organisations.
This is a 4-month short course. The course will adopt a hybrid learning model where participants are required to attend class in-person, and virtually from home.
Expected commitment from learners:
- Online classes, twice per week, 3.5 hour each from 6:30pm to 10:00pm on 2 weekdays per week.
- Face to face classes, once per month, Saturday from 9:30am to 5:30pm
|Weekday 1||Weekday 2||Weekend|
|Online||3.5 hours||3.5 hours|
|Face to face||7 hours|
Course Date: 1 Nov 2022 – 9 March 2023
Application Period: 2 Sep 2022 – 16 Oct 2022
Break 1: 19 Dec 2022 – 2 Jan 2023
Break 2: 20 Jan – 30 Jan 2023
Duration: 4 months (part-time)
Time: 2 weekdays (6:30pm to 10:00pm) and 1 Saturday (9.30am to 5.30pm) per week
Delivery Mode: Synchronous e-Learning
Venue: Online (weekday night classes) and Face-to-Face @NP Campus (Saturday class, once a month)
Note: The topics may NOT be offered in sequence in actual implementation.
• SEM – Google Ads Basics and Campaign Setup
• What is SEO and Why is it Important
• Keyword Research
• On-page, Local and Technical SEO
• Youtube and Tiktok Video
• Building a Competitive Digital Commerce Business
• Online marketplace & E-commerce websites
• Livestream commerce
• Social Media Marketing
• Content Marketing
• The Importance and cultivation of a success mindset
• The fundamental of developing and delivery the ‘perfect pitch’
• The persuasion principles and techniques for the ‘perfect pitch’
• Successful employment communication skills and practices
• Achieving competency through evaluation and feedback
• Digital Playbook development
• Google Ad Certifications
• Excel in data management
• Build Your Online Portfolio
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
- The following GCE ‘O’ Level grades and with at least 3 years of relevant work experience:
– English Language (Grade 1-6)
– Mathematics (Grade 1-6)
– One other subject(Grade 1-6)
- NITEC with GPA >=3.5 with at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Higher NITEC with at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- NITEC in Technology or Services with GPA >= 3.5 and with at least 2 years of relevant working experience
- Higher NITEC in Technology or Services with at least 1 year of relevant working experience
- Relevant WSQ Diploma qualifications (depending on sector, Programme & level – bridging course may be required) with at least 3 years of relevant working experience
- WPLN (Level >= 6) may be accepted as ‘O’ Level equivalent English Language & Mathematics requirements
Preferred: have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Important: Students enrolled in the course are expected to bring their personal laptops with the Windows 10 operating system.
Funding period for this course is from 1 Oct 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
*Additional course fee funding
Additional course fee funding support of up to 95% of course fees for jobseekers with greater needs. Individuals must be Singapore Citizens and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Long-term unemployed individuals (unemployed for six months or more); or
- Individuals in need of financial assistance – ComCare, Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipients or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients; or
- Persons with Disabilities
For more information on course fee subsidies, please refer to SSG website here.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*||$210|
|GST payable for full course fees||$700|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% after the baseline funding subsidy of 70%.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singaporeans aged below 40, Permanent Residents||$3210.00|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$1210.00|
|Eligible Applicants for Additional Course Fee Funding Support*||$710.00|