This is a certification program in which participants will obtain a Certification on Accounting Transformation upon completion of 6 courses:
- Accounting for Analysis and Decisions
- Using MS Excel in Accounting
- Performing Cloud-Accounting
- Finance-Business Partnering with Data Visualisation
- Strengthening Internal Controls with Analytics
- Automation of Processes with RPA
The overall program is aimed at equipping bookkeepers with skillset to enable them to chart out their progression paths in view of existing industrial developments causing disruption to job roles. The program provides participants with knowledge and hands-on skills in visualisation, automation, etc. in order to help them stay relevant and employable.
Upon completion of this course on Accounting for Analysis and Decisions, participants will acquire the foundational knowledge and be able to apply tools and techniques of ratio analysis, cash budgeting, flexible budgets and performance evaluation for planning, control and decision making.
Course Date: 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18 & 19 May 2023
Application Period: 1 Mar – 2 Apr 2023
Duration: 24 hours
F2F – 4 May, 5 May, 12 May and 18 May 2023, 1pm to 5pm
Online – 10 May, 11 May, 17 May, 19 May 2023, 7pm to 9pm
Delivery Mode: Classroom with Synchronous e-Learning
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Session 1: (6 hours)
- Financial Statement Analysis I (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
- Computation and interpretation of liquidity, efficiency and gearing ratios (E-learning: 2 hours on a weekday evening)
Session 2: (6 hours)
- Financial Statement Analysis II (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
- Computation and interpretation of profitability and investment ratios (E-learning: 2 hours on a weekday evening)
Session 3: (6 hours)
- Cash Budgets (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
- Preparation and evaluation of cash budgets (E-learning: 2 hours on a weekday evening)
Session 4: (6 hours)
- Master Budgeting, Flexible Budgets & Performance Analysis (F2F: 4 hours on a weekday morning)
- Preparation of master budget and evaluation of business performance (E-learning: 2 hours on a weekday evening)
Chen Jia Lin graduated from NUS Accountancy and started her first job as an auditor with Deloitte and Touche before moving on to an International Division in a local bank and Corporate Banking. She enjoyed evaluating clients’ financial statements and projects, as well as meeting customers’ various financing needs. After leaving the corporate sector, she embarked on her teaching profession and has been an active trainer for the last 18 years. Jia Lin is a certified ACLP trainer.
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the assessment.
Participants will further obtain a Certificate on Accounting Transformation upon completion of all 6 courses in the program.
- Basic Proficiency in English
- Bookkeeping/ Accounting background
Funding period for this course is from 25 Nov 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
- Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
- Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$680.40|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$202.23|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$76.23|
|Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$76.23|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$204.12|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$78.12|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$680.40|