The aim of the 2-Day programme is to equip the SME participants with digital skills to perform Accounting and HR work using cloud solutions.
Cloud accounting and HR systems leverage cloud technology to enable stakeholders to have access to the entity’s accounting and HR information anytime and anywhere with any digital device so as to optimise business decision-making. Many features in the cloud systems support businesses with timely information, facilitate collaboration and strengthen management planning and control.
This course is designed for SME participants who want to enhance their skills by learning how to use Cloud Accounting and HR system, which will strengthen business owners in managing businesses to be future ready for today’s workplace.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
– Understand what is cloud accounting and HR systems and its benefits, and how to adopt cloud systems effectively;
– Apply and use the system to process daily transactions; and
– Use the analytics reports to optimise business decision-making.
Upcoming course Date:
- 22 & 23 Sep (Thu & Fri) – for interest and registration, please refer here.
- 20 & 21 Oct (Thu & Fri) – for interest and registration, please refer here.
- 20 & 21 Dec (Tue & Wed) – for interest and registration, please refer here.
Application Period: Please register your interest here to be notified when course is open for application
Duration: 2 days
Time: 8 hours each day
Delivery Mode: Classroom
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
9am – 12:30pm
- Introduction to Cloud Accounting system and understanding the features
- Performing Daily Transactions: Sales & Accounts Receivable
- Set up customer records and terms of sales
- Processing sales quotations, orders, invoices, credit & debit notes
- Processing receipts
12:30pm – 1:30pm
1:30pm – 6pm
- Transforming business processes with effective use of Cloud Accounting solution
- Performing Daily Transactions: Purchases & Accounts Payable
- Set up supplier records and terms of payments
- Processing purchase requests, orders & invoices
- Processing payments
- Performing Daily Transactions: Bank Reconciliation and Other General Journal Entries
- Reconcile the bank account with the bank statement
- Record and review general journal entries
9am – 12:30pm
- Transforming business processes with effective use of Cloud HR solution
- Performing Daily Transactions: Payroll Management
- Set up staff and payroll records
- Processing payroll and CPF filing
- Managing other staff-related administration matters
12:30pm – 1:30pm
1:30pm – 6pm
- Leveraging analytic reports for business decisions
- Generate reports for management reporting, decision-making and control
- Use of analytic reports for business decisions
Lydia has more than two decades of experience with various reputable accounting firms and has been running her own accounting practice since 2012. She has extensive experience in preparing full sets of accounts, GST, payroll and business advisory. A Xero Certified Advisor and Xero Migration Specialist, Lydia specialises in advising her clients on digitalising office procedures and has assisted businesses in the clinical, retail, beauty and food & beverage industries. She is also proficient in different accounting and payroll tools such as QuickBooks, Financio, MYOB and HReasily.
Lydia holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accountancy and Financial Management from the University of Portsmouth and is a Certified Accounting Technician of ACCA (CAT). She has also attained the Practitioner Certificate in Personal Data Protection (Singapore) from the Singapore Management University as well as the Certificate in Fundamentals of Corporate Secretarial Practice from the Chartered Secretaries Institute of Singapore.
Participants are required to complete the consultancy hours comprising of 2 sessions of 3-hours in order to be deemed to have completed the course. A certificate of performance will be awarded to participants who completed the course.
Participants will be required to have a basic proficiency in English.
Funding period for this course is from 25 Nov 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) holders, please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$2675.00|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 and Permanent Residents qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$802.50|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$302.50|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$302.50|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$2675.00|