Use data-driven analysis and prediction as part of your decision-making process for better business outcomes.
This 2-day programme provides a hands-on overview of analytics that demonstrates how companies and managers use data-driven analysis and prediction as part of their decision-making process, leading to better business outcomes.
- Introduction to Analytics
- Cleaning & Preparing Data
- Introduction to Data Warehouse
- Star Schema and Multi-Dimensional Analysis
- Introduction to Machine Learning
Course Dates: 22 to 23 Mar 2021
Application Period: 6 Jan – 28 Feb 2021
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 5 modules:
- Evolution of Analytics
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive Analytics
- Analytics and its impact on Enterprises and businesses
- Data Analytics
- Basics of Data
- Cleaning Data
- Joining Tables
- Traditional approach to reporting and its associated challenges
- Spreadsheet and its associated challenges
- Rise of new generation of analytics platform and the democratization of data
- Introduction to Data Warehousing and its relationship to Business Systems
- Multi-Dimensional Cube
- Star Schema and its uses
- Slice and Dice
- Drill in and aggregation
- Creation of new measures
- Machine Learning in Business
- Types of Machine Learning
- Supervised Learning vs Unsupervised Learning
Anyone who is looking to use data analytics in their work
Applicants preferably be Computer Literate with basic knowledge in MS Office.
Participants are to bring their own Microsoft Windows 10 laptop computer with recommended specification of Dual Core 1.8GHz 64-bit and 8 GB RAM.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$138.03|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$138.03|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$138.03|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$52.03|