Use data-driven analysis and prediction as part of your decision-making process for better business outcomes.
This 2-day programme provides a hands-on overview of analytics that demonstrates how companies and managers use data-driven analysis and prediction as part of their decision-making process, leading to better business outcomes.
- Introduction to Analytics
- Cleaning & Preparing Data
- Introduction to Data Warehouse
- Star Schema and Multi-Dimensional Analysis
- Introduction to Machine Learning
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Delivery Mode: Synchronous e-Learning
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
- Evolution of Analytics
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive Analytics
- Analytics and its impact on Enterprises and businesses
- Data Analytics
- Basics of Data
- Cleaning Data
- Joining Tables
- Traditional approach to reporting and its associated challenges
- Spreadsheet and its associated challenges
- Rise of new generation of analytics platform and the democratization of data
- Introduction to Data Warehousing and its relationship to Business Systems
- Multi-Dimensional Cube
- Star Schema and its uses
- Slice and Dice
- Drill in and aggregation
- Creation of new measures
- Machine Learning in Business
- Types of Machine Learning
- Supervised Learning vs Unsupervised Learning
Anyone who is looking to use data analytics in their work
Applicants preferably be Computer Literate with basic knowledge in MS Office.
Participants are to bring their own Microsoft Windows 10 laptop computer with recommended specification of Dual Core 1.8GHz 64-bit and 8 GB RAM.
Funding period for this course is from 17 Apr to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Enhanced Training Support
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$460.10|
|Singaporeans aged below 40, Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$138.03|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$52.03|
|Singaporeans, Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$52.03|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$460.10|