Of course, your dog can never get enough pampering and attention. Now you can learn all the basic grooming skills – from easy styling to safe pedicures – to provide your pooch with all the tender-loving care it deserves. After all, who better to get that tail wagging than your dog’s best friend!
From basic maintenance to canine hygiene, this 1-day workshop equips you with the skills to give your bestie the personal care it needs from the comfort of your home.
Course Date: 6 Nov 2021 (Full)
Application Period: 31 Aug 2021 – 6 Oct 2021
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Mode of Delivery: Face to face
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Proper handling and restraining for grooming
- Nail clipping and filing
- Ear cleaning
- Basic styling, shaving, and clipping of fur
- Performing anal gland expression
- Understanding and performing the proper showering techniques
- Assessing and maintaining dental hygiene
- Performing undercoat grooming and de-matting of fur
- Understanding the use of dog-grooming tools
Gayathiri has a deep passion in animal wellness and care. She has been practicing as a freelance dog stylist and a dog massage therapist with more than 12 years of experience. She attained the Intermediate Professional Dog Grooming Certificate from the School of Pet Grooming Singapore in 2007, Canine Myofunctional Therapy Certificate in The National Traditional College, Australia in 2008 and the Diploma in Animal Physiotherapy from College of Animal Physiotherapy, London. With 5 years of experience as a Head veterinary nurse, she has seen various cases how massage therapy can help to calm anxious dogs or relief pain for dogs with arthritis or luxating patellas. She is passionate in promoting the use of alternative therapies for pet parents to bring pain relief, relaxation and health to their pets.
Maggie Charn has 17 years of experience as a professional pet stylist and pet educator where she groomed over 28,000 dogs and is an instructor for Dog Grooming and Canine First Responder courses respectively. She also established her own pet grooming salon, Dog Haven Grooming Salon in 2010.
Yee Woon started her professional pet grooming career in 2005. She attained her Certified Salon Professional and her Certified Professional Groomer certification in 2018 and 2020 respectively by International Professional Groomers (IPG) Inc., USA. In her 14 years as a full time and freelance groomer, she has groomed countless different dog breeds and has developed diverse experience and knowledge in dog breed and coat recognition.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
- Individuals who are looking to attend foundational lessons to be able to groom their pet dogs effectively at home and individuals who aspire to join the pet grooming industry. Individuals bringing dogs should be willing to allow their dogs for basic hands on procedures with group members. This takes place under the supervision of the trainer and owner. The purpose is to give practical hands-on training to all participants. Each individual bringing dog will be given $20.00 discount (maximum 3 dogs can be accommodated per course run).
- Only pet dogs which are friendly to people and other dogs are allowed.
- Faux fur is provided for participant who does not have a dog to practice on cutting.
- Acceptance of dog is based on first come first register basis till maximum number of dogs has reached.
- For participants age 18 years and below, parent/guardian is required to also register for the course
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
All Singaporeans aged 25 years and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding. This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants and must be applied via the SkillsFuture Portal. More details on the SkillsFuture Credit Claims will be advised upon admission into the course. Find out more about SkillsFuture Credit at www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
Singaporeans aged 50 years and above who wish to apply for the course at the special course fee will need to email a copy of their NRIC during the course fee payment before the course commencement.
Eligible for funding by National Silver Academy (NSA). NSA Funding period is from 01 Apr 2021 to Mar 2022.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 50 and above||$153.90|
|Full Course Fee||$288.90|