As a responsible pet owner, one of your main concerns is the health and wellbeing of your furry kids. And when something isn’t right with your bestie, you want to know what you can do to help before the vet arrives.
Be pet-confident with the knowledge on how to prevent, identify and provide basic first aid when your pet shows signs of injury or illness.
This course will arm you with the skills to provide crucial first-responder treatment to your pet before seeking veterinary attention.
You will develop the skills and knowledge to provide appropriate first aid to your furry kids and ensure that they are in a good state of welfare.
You will also gain the ability to observe signs of injury or illness, and the confidence to provide first-responder treatment to reduce the extent of injury which may even be life-saving.
Course Date: 21 Oct 2023
Application Period: 22 Aug – 30 Sep 2023
Time: 9am – 5pm
Mode of Delivery: Classroom
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
- Perform scene and behavioral assessment of pets
- Perform primary first aid assessment of pets
- Perform an assessment of the injury and illness of the major body systems in pets
- Understand the principles of and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in dogs
- Control of bleeding wounds in pets
- Understand the principles of aseptic wound cleaning for skin injuries
- Manage and transport pets with spinal injury
- Understand the principles of and perform bandaging to control haemorrhage and immobilize fractured limbs
- Understand the principles of and perform fracture management for immobilization, transportation, and relocation of dislocated joints
- Manage various common injuries and conditions seen in common household pets
As a licensed veterinarian in Singapore and the United Kingdom, Dr. Nicholas enjoys all aspects of veterinary medicine with a special interest in internal medicine and emergency and critical care.
He has practiced in veterinary clinics before joining Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Diploma in Veterinary Bioscience) as a lecturer.
This course will be delivered in English and has NO assessment.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
Eligible for funding by National Silver Academy. NSA Funding period for this course is from 1 May 2023 to 31 Mar 2024.
Singaporeans aged 50 years and above who wish to apply for the course at the special course fee will need to email a copy of their NRIC during the course fee payment before the course commencement.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$216.00|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 50 and above||$114.00|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged below 50||$214.00|