Nursing is a diverse, challenging and ultimately rewarding career. It is also a profession that provides many opportunities for professional growth through a variety of career paths where you make a real difference to the quality of life of your patient in the capacity of your choice.
Advance your career in nursing. This course is a platform for enrolled nurses, who do not meet the GPA requirements of a 3-year diploma course, to further develop their careers.
The programme provides you with a strong foundation in academic literacy skills, mathematics and biology to facilitate your progression towards a diploma course in nursing.
Course Start Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Application Outcome: TBC
Class Day(s): TBC
Delivery Mode: F2F lessons and HBL and clinical placements
Course structure schedule and information: TBC
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This module trains students in the skills of academic research, writing, and presentation to meet the needs of polytechnic education. Students will be involved in writing exercises, class discussions and mini lectures, which are contextualised in contemporary issues on health and medical disciplines.
This module aims to provide students with an understanding of the basic principles of mathematics and its application in nursing practice.
This module aims to provide students with a comprehensive foundation on the principles of basic biology with its relationship to physics and chemistry. Students will acquire fundamental knowledge to facilitate their pathway into Diploma in Nursing.
The CBSEN has a validity of two years. As such, CBSEN graduates are eligible to apply for the Diploma in Nursing at the next two admission exercises.
(a) Any one of the following qualifications:
- NITEC in Nursing; or
- Higher NITEC in Paramedic and Emergency Care; or
- Higher NITEC in Eldercare; or
- Certificates awarded by the School of Nursing/ Ministry of Health, Singapore for the training of Enrolled Nurses.
(b) At least three years of cumulative post-enrolment nursing work experience as an Enrolled Nurse (EN) in healthcare settings
(c) A satisfactory employer’s testimonial in support of the application.
Complementary note to minimum entry requirements:
1. Employer’s testimonial
- Must be in letterhead
- Written by the employer or the personnel authorized by the employer with the indication, “in support of the application.”
- The testimonial must be from the EN’s current employer; represented/signed off by the Director of Nursing/ Assistant Director of Nursing/ Nursing Head who is accountable to attest to the EN’s nursing performance and personal attributes and recommend the EN for the course.
2. Students who are non-sponsored, but supported by their employers for application, are to make own arrangement with employers for release from work. Employer’s testimonial as mentioned above with the indication of “in support of the application” is applicable.
The fees listed are inclusive of GST. The fees are determined based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review and revision.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|