1. Understand the scientific bases of work stress, positive psychology and mental well-being, with an emphasis on evidence-based models and concepts
2. Understand a coach’s mindset, thinking patterns, underlying motives, perceived stressors, and their related behaviours at work and in life
3. Use assessment and measurement tools to profile a coachee’s traits and tendencies at work and in life
4. Apply a positive psychology coaching process with relevant exercises and interventions to enhance coachee well-being through resilience coping strategies and mindsets
5. Apply facilitation strategies and intervention tools for small group sessions (e.g., interactive workshop)
6. Understand the ethical issues in profiling, coaching and group facilitation
Course Dates: 12 Jul to 14 Jul 2021
Application Dates: 26 Apr to 13 Jun 2021
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
Course outline below:
Edgar is Singapore's pioneer Sport & Performance Psychologist; he has worked with more than 40 different performance domains (e.g., sports, music, performing arts, military, civil defense, business, sales, online forex/futures trading, motor racing, professional poker, etc) from the schools to world championship levels since 1993. He was employed by the Singapore Government as its very first local sport psychologist in 1995. Edgar was the founding Head of the Sport Psychology Unit of the Singapore Sports Council in 1996. He was team consultant and travelling psychologist to numerous national teams preparing for the SEA Games, Asian Youth Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Youth Olympic Games, Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, World Championships, and ASEAN Armies Rifle Meets (till 2001). Currently, Edgar is a full-time sport & performance psychologist in private practice. He has consulted for and implemented season-long sport psychology programmes for numerous sports teams. He is also a longtime lecturer for the Singapore Sports Council’s National Coaching Accreditation Programme in Sport Psychology (Mental Skills Training) since 1996.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
- 21 years old and older
- Strong interest in applied psychology and personal development topics
- Able to communicate well in English (written and spoken)
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$250.38|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$94.38|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$250.38|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$94.38|
|Full Course Fee||$834.60|