Due to the digital revolution and growth of Cloud Computing and Big Data, cybercrime has become a significant by-product and a daily threat to institutions and individuals alike. With this constant compromise to online privacy and security, professional expertise to defend and eliminate cyberattacks are in demand more than ever.
In Partnership with
Learn how to communicate and coordinate with managed security services providers and to deploy and maintain best cyber security practices.
- Knowledge and skills needed to prepare for CompTIA’s Security+ certification exam (Ngee Ann Polytechnic is CompTIA’s Authorized Academic Partner. Authorized CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601): Student Guide + CertMaster Labs + CertMaster Practice included. Security+ Exam Voucher not included, to be purchased separately by the applicant).
- Baseline skills needed to perform core cyber security functions and pursue a cyber security career
- Practical cyber security problem-solving skills
- Practical and hands-on ability to both identify and address security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices
- To perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques
- To operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations
- To address cyber security incidents
- Latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection
- Core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs
- An overview of the various domains of cyber security and the essential principles of Network Security; Compliance and Operational Security; Threats and Vulnerabilities; Application, Data and Host Security; Access Control and Integrity Management; and Cryptography
- To communicate and coordinate with managed security services providers
- To deploy and maintain best cyber security practices
Course Period: 6 Mar to 3 Apr 2021
Frequency: Every consecutive Saturday
Duration: 5 days
Time: 9.30am to 6pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
THREATS, ATTACKS & VULNERABILITIES (8 hours)
Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration
testing and vulnerability scanning concepts.
TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS (8 hours)
Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and
troubleshooting issues to support organizational security.
ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN (6 hours)
Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design.
IDENTITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT (6 hours)
Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls.
RISK MANAGEMENT (6 hours)
Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact.
CRYPTOGRAPHY & PKI (6 hours)
Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key
Sun Lei graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Bachelor in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Hons) and holds a Master of Computing from National University of Singapore. He is a certified cybersecurity professional with CISSP, CEH, CySA+, Security+, CND, CCSK, CCCA and CCCS. Sun Lei has been a full-time lecturer with the Polytechnic since 2013. He is currently teaching modules related to Diploma in Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics. In terms of continuing education for adult learners, he specializes in cybersecurity and cloud security courses.
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessments.
For participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessments will be given a certificate of participation.
Applicants should have Basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
Applicants should preferably have passed GCE ‘O’ Levels course of study.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$754.35|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$284.35|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$754.35|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$284.35|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$2514.50|
|Full Course Fee||$2514.50|