Due to the digital revolution and growth of Cloud Computing and Big Data, cybercrime has become a significant by-product and a daily threat to institutions and individuals alike. With this constant compromise to online privacy and security, professional expertise to defend and eliminate cyberattacks are in demand more than ever.
In Partnership with
Learn how to communicate and coordinate with managed security services providers and to deploy and maintain best cyber security practices.
- Knowledge and skills needed to prepare for CompTIA’s Security+ certification exam (Ngee Ann Polytechnic is CompTIA’s Authorized Academic Partner. Authorized CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601): Student Guide + CertMaster Labs included. Optional: Security+ Exam Voucher would only be provided to those who perform well in this course and are determined to sit for this certification exam).
- Baseline skills needed to perform core cyber security functions and pursue a cyber security career
- Practical cyber security problem-solving skills
- Practical and hands-on ability to both identify and address security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices
- To perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques
- To operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations
- To address cyber security incidents
- Latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection
- Core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs
- An overview of the various domains of cyber security and the essential principles of Network Security; Compliance and Operational Security; Threats and Vulnerabilities; Application, Data and Host Security; Access Control and Integrity Management; and Cryptography
- To communicate and coordinate with managed security services providers
- To deploy and maintain best cyber security practices
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 5 days (every consecutive Saturday)
Time: 9am to 6pm
Delivery Mode: Synchronous e-Learning
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
THREATS, ATTACKS & VULNERABILITIES (8 hours)
Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration
testing and vulnerability scanning concepts.
TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS (8 hours)
Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and
troubleshooting issues to support organizational security.
ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN (6 hours)
Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design.
IDENTITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT (6 hours)
Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls.
RISK MANAGEMENT (6 hours)
Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact.
CRYPTOGRAPHY & PKI (6 hours)
Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key
Konidala Divyan Munirathnam graduated from KAIST of South Korea with a M.Sc., and PhD. in Cryptology and Information Security. He is certified cybersecurity professional with Security+, GWAPT, GREM, CEH, and ECSA certifications. Konidala Divyan Munirathnam has been a full-time lecturer with the Polytechnic since 2014. He is currently teaching modules related to Diploma in Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics. In terms of continuing education for adult learners, he specializes in courses related to cybersecurity.
Sun Lei graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Bachelor in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Hons) and holds a Master of Computing from National University of Singapore. He is a certified cybersecurity professional with CISSP, CEH, CySA+, Security+, CND, CCSK, CCCA and CCCS. Sun Lei has been a full-time lecturer with the Polytechnic since 2013. He is currently teaching modules related to Diploma in Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics. In terms of continuing education for adult learners, he specializes in cybersecurity and cloud security courses.
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessments.
For participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessments will be given a certificate of participation.
Applicants should have Basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
Applicants should preferably have passed GCE ‘O’ Levels course of study.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
This course is eligible for Absentee Payroll.
Enhanced Training Support
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fees||$2514.50|
|Singaporeans aged below 40, Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$754.35|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$284.35|
|Singaporeans, Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$284.35|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$2514.50|