This short course introduces participants to techniques of uncovering key insights from data, designing compelling story structures and visuals, and presenting these insights in an engaging manner in order to achieve business objectives.
- Analyse and transform data into actionable insights.
- Design visuals that aid audience understanding and recall.
- Structure data insights into compelling and engaging storylines.
- Customise data presentations to different contexts and audiences so as to drive critical business decisions and capture potential opportunities.
- Narrate and present visual stories in an engaging and persuasive manner.
- Develop critical thinking skills by understanding and applying frameworks and techniques in data storytelling and design.
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Delivery Mode: Classroom and Synchronous e-Learning
This course may be conducted online subject to Covid-19 guidelines.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course will be conducted in an interactive manner where participants will be engaged in discussions, reflections and hands-on practices. Participants will reinforce their learnings by working on scenarios that were contextualised from real business settings.
- Understanding the context
- Turning data into actionable insights
- Turning insights into visual stories
- Narrating your visual story
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessment(s).
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance but did not pass all required assessment(s).
Basic Statistics and Visualisation knowledge preferred but not necessary
Funding period for this course is from 7 Apr 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Enhanced Training Support
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
This course is eligible for Absentee Payroll.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility
|Full course fee
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
|Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
|Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding
|Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
|Others (and Repeat Students)