The Diploma in Digital Communication programme is designed to equip adult learners of all ages with the knowledge and skills in content creation and media design to pivot towards the Media, Retail, Design and Infocomm Technology sectors.
The course trains participants for entry-level to junior positions across the spectrum of digital communication, including but not limited to areas such as digital branding, social media marketing, search engine marketing, content creation and design, content marketing, digital advertising, and data analytics and reporting.
This course is suited to any individual who has not received any formal training in digital media and wishes to upskill and build their competencies in this field.
This diploma is the first to be offered in a compressed format whereby participants can complete all 15 modules within just 1.5 years instead of the regular 2.5 years.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will:
- Be equipped with the fundamentals and competencies in the creative, critical, analytical and technical skill set in digital communication;
- Understand the importance of digital branding and communication design and client/stakeholder’s relationship in a competitive and cluttered business environment; and
- Acquire the knowledge and skill set to develop, execute and measure compelling digital communication strategies using an integrated approach that creates synergies across platforms.
Course Start Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Application Outcome: One month after application closes
Class Day(s): 2 evening sessions per week & every alternate Sat
Time: Weeknight 7pm to 10pm, Sat 9am to 6pm (including 1-hour lunch break)
HBL SYNC: Tue & Thu
F2F SYNC: Alternate Sat
ASYNC: throughout the module
Please note that each module will last for 4 weeks and will run consecutively:-
2 Weeknight classes per week at 3 hrs each → 24 hrs (6 hrs x 4 weeks)
Sat class (alternate weeks) → 16 hrs (8 hrs x 2 weeks)
Online Asynchronous (self-directed) → 20 hrs (5 hrs x 4 weeks)
Total hours → 60 hrs per module x 15 modules = 900 hrs
Total no. of weeks per module → 4 weeks
Delivery Mode: Face-to-face & Home-based Learning (Async & Sync)
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic/Online
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
You are required to complete 5 modular certificates within a 3-year validity period to be awarded the Diploma qualification.
The following GCE ‘O’ Level grades and with at least 1 year of relevant work experience:
- English Language (Grade 1-6)
- Mathematics (Grade 1-6)
- One other subject (Grade 1-6)
Or NITEC with GPA ≥ 3.5
Or GPA ≥3.0 and at least 1 year of relevant work experience; or
Or Higher NITEC with GPA of ≥ 2.0
Or GPA ≥ 1.5 and at least 1 year relevant work experience; or
Or NITEC in Technology or Services with GPA ≥ 3.5 and at least 1 year relevant work experience
Or Higher NITEC in Technology or Services with GPA ≥ 2.0 and at least 1 year relevant work experience
Or Relevant WSQ Diploma qualifications (or higher) and Level 6 WSQ Workplace Literacy SOA and Workplace Numeracy SOA and 1 year relevant work experience
Or applicants with at least 2 years of relevant working experience may apply for the course
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on supporting evidence of competency readiness. Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
Funding period for this course is from 1 Oct 2021 to 30 Sep 2025.
- The fees below are per semester. For full course fees throughout the semesters, please refer here.
- The fees below are inclusive of GST. Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023. Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
- The fees below are determined based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review and revision.
This course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
All Singaporeans aged 25 years and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding. This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants and must be applied via the SkillsFuture Portal. More details on the SkillsFuture Credit Claims will be advised upon admission into the course. Find out more about SkillsFuture Credit here.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$502.68|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above||$346.08|
|Singapore Citizens sponsored by SME||$346.08|
|Singapore PRs sponsored by SME||$356.82|
|Full course fee for SC (for repeat, deferred modules)||$3351.24|
|Full course fee (for repeat, deferred modules)||$3440.88|