This training programme will help learners develop the skills and knowledge required to be an effective coach for workplace learning. Workplace coaches attending will learn how to use effective coaching methods to engage employees to identify performance gaps, address learning barriers and employ effective learning strategies to reach for optimum performance.
- Identify objectives of workplace coaching
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of workplace coaches and prepare a safe space for coaching
- Understand and apply the key communication skills of an effective coach
- Develop a workplace coaching plan
- Identify the different coaching methods and techniques that can be used in a workplace setting
- Demonstrate communication and feedback techniques that support effective coaching
- Conduct workplace coaching that helps learners achieve the knowledge, skills and attitude they require
- Adjust workplace coaching strategies and learning solutions according to needs of learners
- Manage challenges in delivering workplace coaching
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2 days / 16 hours
Time: 9am to 5pm
Delivery mode: Classroom
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice
• Understanding the objectives of workplace coaching
• Understanding the coach’s and the coachee’s role
• Identifying areas for coaching and performance improvement
• Understand and apply the key communication skills of an effective coach
• Conduct workplace coaching
• Developing a coaching plan
• Managing challenges in coaching
Assessment: Class participation and Coaching Plan presentation
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the required assessment.
No prior knowledge is required.
Funding period for this course is from 1 Jan 2020 to 29 Jan 2024
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) holders, please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$961.20|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$285.69|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$107.69|
|Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$107.69|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$288.36|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$110.36|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$961.20|