This course will equip participants with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement an environmental sanitation programme for their workplace, which includes baseline standards such as cleaning frequencies, cleaning and disinfection protocols, pest management, etc. Participants who complete this program will be able to register with NEA and perform their duty as Environmental Control Coordinators.
By the end of the course, the participants will be able to
- understand the importance of the Environmental Sanitation Regime, the roles of key stakeholders (the premises managers and environmental control coordinators), and an overview of pest management, cleaning and disinfection and indoor air quality.
- draft and oversee the implementation of an Environmental Sanitation Programme as Environmental Control Coordinators.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant can apply to NEA to be registered as an Environmental Control Coordinator (ECC).
Run 4: 23 July 2021 (Day 1) & 30 July 2021 (Day 2)
Run 5: 30 July 2021 (Day 1) & 06 August 2021 (Day 2)
Run 4: 03 June 21 to 27 June 2021
Run 5: 03 June 21 to 1 July 2021
Duration: 2 days (online learning)
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: Online Learning
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Environmental Public Health Act
- Roles & Responsibilities of Environmental Control Coordinators
- Indoor Air Quality
- Overview of infectious diseases, infection prevention and control
- General Cleaning & Disinfection
- Pest Management
- Drafting an ES Programme for your premises
- Online submission of the ES programme
- Drafting an SOP for incident Management
Mariam Mathew is a lecturer with the School of Life Sciences and Chemical
Technology at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. She has over 20 years of experience with applied environmental projects and provides training for diploma and post diploma courses.
She has been actively involved in training for the Singapore Water
Association, staff of the National Environment Agency, PUB and Institute of Technical Education. Mariam is also the Assistant Director (Industry) with the School of Life Sciences and Chemical Technology and chairperson of the National Organising Committee for the Singapore Junior Water Prize competition. She was Course Chair for the Diploma in Environmental & Water Technology.
This is a course with assessment components. Upon completion, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Performance.
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessment(s).
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit, click here.
The course is eligible for Absentee Payroll. For more information on the Absentee Payroll, click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full fees with GST||$535.00|
|Singapore Citizens and PRs||$160.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 yrs & above||$60.50|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs sponsored by SME||$60.50|