This is a certification program in which participants will obtain a Certification on Accounting Transformation upon completion of 6 courses:
- Accounting for Analysis and Decisions
- Using MS Excel in Accounting
- Performing Cloud-Accounting
- Finance-Business Partnering with Data Visualisation
- Strengthening Internal Controls with Analytics
- Automation of Processes with RPA
The overall program is aimed at equipping bookkeepers with skillset to enable them to chart out their progression paths in view of existing industrial developments causing disruption to job roles. The program provides participants with knowledge and hands-on skills in visualisation, automation, etc. in order to help them stay relevant and employable.
Upon completion of this course on Finance-Business Partnering with Data Visualisation, participants will be able to apply key concepts and techniques in using Tableau to build various visualisations and combine them into interactive dashboards. Using hands-on practice, they will also be taught on how to analyse business performance through the use of Tableau.
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 24 hours
Time: 4 x 4 hours face-to-face lessons (F2F (9am – 1pm)) & 4 x 2 hours online lessons (8 hours)
Delivery Mode: (Blended) Classroom & Asynchronous e-Learning
Venue: Classroom & Online
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Session 1: (6 hours)
- Data Visualization – what it is, why it matters (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Understanding Dimensions and Measures, Discrete vs Continuous fields (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Understanding Shelve and Card (focus on columns, rows, marks, filters, legends) (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Quiz based on session#1 F2F class exercises (E-Learning 2 hours Asynchronous)
Session 2: (6 hours)
- Data in Tableau – Discrete vs Continuous (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Applying Filter and Sort in the view (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Applying Quick Table Calculations to the view (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Quiz based on session#2 F2F class exercises (E-Learning 2 hours Asynchronous)
Session 3: (6 hours)
- Adding Analytics object to the view (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Creating Parameters and Calculated Fields (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Relating and Joining Tables (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Quiz based on session#3 F2F class exercises (E-Learning 2 hours Asynchronous)
Session 4: (6 hours)
- Data Preparation and Cleaning (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Building Dashboards and Storyboards (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Best Practices for choosing Chart types and Dashboard designs (F2F on a weekday morning)
- Quiz based on session#4 F2F class exercises (E-Learning 2 hours Asynchronous)
Shirley Wee joined NP in 2010. Her students comprise youth and adults. She enjoys teaching hands-on subjects and sharing knowledge and work experiences with learners. She has a keen interest in keeping up with the evolving technology and do so by following tech media and learning through hands-on. She is intrigued by the field of Data Science, particularly data analytics, data visualization and machine learning. She is also interested in UX (user experience), in particular, information architecture and user interface design.
Before entering the teaching profession, Shirley had many years of working experience in MNC and local companies as an IT professional. In that capacity, she managed and led project teams in delivering medium and large-sized global projects. She worked with the business community, peers and management spread over domains such as procurement, supply chain, finance, and after-sales service.
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the assessment.
Participants will further obtain a Certificate on Accounting Transformation upon completion of all 6 courses in the program.
- Basic Proficiency in English
- Bookkeeping/ Accounting background
Funding period for this course is from 25 Nov 2021 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
- Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
- Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Temasek Trust – CDC Lifelong Learning Enabling Fund
Eligible learners with disability can apply for up to S$1,000 to defray course-related fees. For more information, please click here. Funding ends on 31 Dec 2022.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fee||$680.40|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$202.23|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$76.23|
|Singaporeans qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$76.23|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$204.12|
|Singapore Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$78.12|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$680.40|