Rethink, Reimagine & Redesign Financial Services with FinTech.
The FinTech Foundation Programme aims to:
- Increase your awareness and appreciation of FinTech and its impact across various sectors
- Impart hands-on design thinking skills in financial services
- Equip you with the skills needed to perform higher value-added financial services
Candidates will be introduced to Financial Technology (FinTech) and its foundational concepts, including design thinking and blockchain.
- Understand the current state of various thematic areas in FinTech ecosystem of banking, insurance, asset and wealth management, and financial infrastructure.
- Identify trends and opportunities shaping the FinTech ecosystem.
- Explore how trends in FinTech innovation can influence short-term and long-term futures of various industries
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 2.5 days
Delivery Mode: Classroom
Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
This course may be conducted online subject to Covid-19 guidelines.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
Gain insights to the financial technology revolution and disruption. Understand the innovation and opportunities therein.
- Understand the current state of various thematic areas in the FinTech ecosystem of banking, insurance, asset and wealth management and financial infrastructure
- Identify trends and opportunities shaping the FinTech ecosystem
- Explore how trends in FinTech innovation might influence the short and longterm futures of various industries
Discover and adopt human-centred design thinking approach
- Gain awareness of how design thinking can be applied in a wide range of contexts
- Investigate and think creatively around design problems and opportunities in financial services
- Use design thinking to bring new/existing ventures successfully to market
Explore the world of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies, understand their potential impact to the financial services industry.
- Learn the fundamentals and essentials of blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Experience how these technologies work through a hands-on session of receiving, transferring, buying and selling of cryptocurrencies
President, Singapore FinTech Association (SFA)
Chia Hock Lai is passionate about how technology is disrupting the way financial services are being delivered to consumers and businesses, and in the process making the financial system more efficient and inclusive. Hock Lai has close to 2 decades of experience in the financial industry, having performed roles in both business and technology. He graduated from the National University of Singapore (Real Estate), Nanyang Technological University (Infocomm Technology) and Nanyang Polytechnic (Fund Management & Administration). Besides being the founding president of the Singapore FinTech Association, he is also a Fellow of the Singapore University of Social Science, advisor to Startups and mentor to student FinTech projects.
Equip themselves with essential FinTech concepts
Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and to know how these technologies will impact their work and the industry
Discover ways to prepare themselves for digital transformation
Funding period for this course is from 15 Jun 2020 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) holders, please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full course fees||$1070.00|
|Singaporeans aged below 40, Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$321.00|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$121.00|
|Singaporeans, Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$121.00|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$1070.00|