Rethink, Reimagine & Redesign Financial Services with FinTech.
The FinTech Foundation Programme aims to:
- Increase your awareness and appreciation of FinTech and its impact across various sectors
- Impart hands-on design thinking skills in financial services
- Equip you with the skills needed to perform higher value-added financial services
Candidates will be introduced to Financial Technology (FinTech) and its foundational concepts, including design thinking and blockchain.
- Understand the current state of various thematic areas in FinTech ecosystem of banking, insurance, asset and wealth management, and financial infrastructure.
- Identify trends and opportunities shaping the FinTech ecosystem.
- Explore how trends in FinTech innovation can influence short-term and long-term futures of various industries
Course Dates: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 3 modules:
Gain insights to the financial technology revolution and disruption. Understand the innovation and opportunities therein.
- Understand the current state of various thematic areas in the FinTech ecosystem of banking, insurance, asset and wealth management and financial infrastructure
- Identify trends and opportunities shaping the FinTech ecosystem
- Explore how trends in FinTech innovation might influence the short and longterm futures of various industries
Discover and adopt human-centred design thinking approach
- Gain awareness of how design thinking can be applied in a wide range of contexts
- Investigate and think creatively around design problems and opportunities in financial services
- Use design thinking to bring new/existing ventures successfully to market
Explore the world of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies, understand their potential impact to the financial services industry.
- Learn the fundamentals and essentials of blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Experience how these technologies work through a hands-on session of receiving, transferring, buying and selling of cryptocurrencies
President, Singapore FinTech Association (SFA)
Chia Hock Lai is passionate about how technology is disrupting the way financial services are being delivered to consumers and businesses, and in the process making the financial system more efficient and inclusive. Hock Lai has close to 2 decades of experience in the financial industry, having performed roles in both business and technology. He graduated from the National University of Singapore (Real Estate), Nanyang Technological University (Infocomm Technology) and Nanyang Polytechnic (Fund Management & Administration). Besides being the founding president of the Singapore FinTech Association, he is also a Fellow of the Singapore University of Social Science, advisor to Startups and mentor to student FinTech projects.
Equip themselves with essential FinTech concepts
Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and to know how these technologies will impact their work and the industry
Discover ways to prepare themselves for digital transformation
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$1070.00|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$321.00|
|Singaporeans qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$121.00|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$121.00|