The increasing complexity of modern building structures has also heightened the complexity of managing fire risks.
The role of a Fire Safety Manager now comes with added challenges in ensuring fire safety standards within buildings for the protection of occupants as well as important assets.
This programme prepare the participants with valuable knowledge and skills to undertake the role of a Fire Safety Manager. You will learn various fire-safety requirements and regulations to conduct fire safety activities and implement fire prevention measures. This is to promote fire safety awareness among building occupants and to ensure that the fire safety standards in the building are maintained at all times.
Course Date: 22 Jul – 14 Sep 2022
Application Period: 19 Apr – 26 Jun 2022
Duration: 2 days a week (Tue and Fri)
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Delivery Mode: Synchronous e-Learning
Venue: Online for Lesson and Practical. Examination F2F
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
- Fire Safety Acts and Regulations
- Fire Safety Design
- Identification and Control of Hazardous Materials
- Maintenance of Fire Safety Works
- Fire Command Center Operation
- Emergency Response Plan
- Evacuation Planning
- Fire Safety Guidelines and Reports
- Basic First Aid and Fire-Fighting
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes including attaining the following grades in:
- English Language – Minimum Grade D7
- Mathematics – Minimum Grade C6
- Physics/Physical Science/General Science – Minimum Grade C6
- ITE Higher NITEC or Industrial Technician Certificate (ITC)
- Full GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate (minimum of 2 ‘H2’ and 2 ‘H1’ Level passes including General Paper)
- Diploma (excluding Specialist Diploma) from local polytechnics (NP, NYP, RP, SP or TP)
- SIM Diploma in Management Studies
- Degree from local universities (NTU, NUS, SMU, UniSIM)
- MOM Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officer Certificate
- FSMAS Certificate in Fire Safety & Emergency Management Course (plus 5 GCE ‘O’ level passes in ANY subject)
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Mathematics) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Science
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Science) and passed the PreEnrolment Test in Mathematics
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including Mathematics and Science) and passed the British Council’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 or proficiency level 6 for all modules under the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) prescribed by Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
Funding period for this course is from 12 Feb 2019 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
Enhanced training support for SMEs
For enhanced training support for SMEs, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders
Please furnish the following documents to the course administrator to qualify for SSG funding:
- Self-sponsored learner (**LTVP+): Copy of your green visit pass card, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
- Co-sponsored learner (##LTVP+): Copy of valid and current Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.)
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$1435.94|
|Singaporeans aged below 40, Permanent Residents & **LTVP+ qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$430.78|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$162.38|
|Singaporeans, Permanent Residents & ##LTVP+ qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$162.38|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$1435.94|