This programme is offered in partnership with IBM and will be co-delivered by IBM and Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
It will equip you with all the key skills and technical know-how to kickstart your career as a Full Stack Developer. You will learn to develop and deploy your own applications and practice working with the technologies behind them. In this programme, you will learn the entire software development process which enables a Full Stack developer to take an idea and turn it into a finished product independently. You will also learn the methodology that you can adopt to augment your skills in the front-end and back-end development domains.
Prior programming experience is preferred so that you could quickly skill up and begin a new career in a highly in-demand area.
With the capstone project, you will see how you can apply the knowledge and skills to develop a self-sufficient application using front-end and back-end technologies and deploy them.
In this workshop, you will:
• Understand Software Development Life Cycle and the most popular methodologies in software development.
• Learn the key roles within the Software Development Life Cycle
• Utilize Design thinking to create an MVP and prototyping for software deployment.
• Learn architecture design concepts
• Learn Databases and various SQL commands
• Learn how to build the back-end using NodeJS/Express
• Learn Relational Database and data concepts
• Learn SQL and No-SQL Database
• Learn Java programming
• Learn Python and how it is applied in Data Science
• Learn the different messaging protocols like Websocket and MQTT
• Learn software development tools like GitHub
• Learn containerization and considerations for cloud-based deployments
• Learn concepts of QA testing including automated and manual tests
• Learn feature tracking tools for collaboration between developers and for code maintenance
Course Date: TBC
Application Period: TBC
Duration: 360 hours + capstone project (estimated 100 hours)
Time: 9am to 5.30pm
Delivery Mode: Classroom, Synchronous & Asynchronous e-learning
Venue: IBM Singapore
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
• Module 1 – Analysis, Fullstack Front-end and UI/UX
• Module 2 – Fullstack Back-End
• Module 3 – Fullstack Database, Messaging Protocols, Deployment
• Capstone Project
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessment(s).
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who meet the 75% attendance requirement but did not pass all required assessment(s).
• Skills in programming and coding
Hardware and Software Requirements:
- Processor Desktop/Laptop 3 GHz or higher
- Internet connection Broadband wired or wireless 4G/LTE
- Speaker & microphone Built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- 8 GB RAM
- 40 GB free disk space
- Network requirements: Yes
- Operating System: Windows is preferred
Funding period for this course is from 28 Dec 2022 to 30 Sep 2024.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
*Additional course fee funding
Additional course fee funding support of up to 95% of course fees for jobseekers with greater needs. Individuals must be Singapore Citizens and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
• Long-term unemployed individuals (unemployed for six months or more); or
• Individuals in need of financial assistance – ComCare, Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipients or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients; or
• Persons with Disabilities
For more information on course fee subsidies, please refer to SSG website here.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
(Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 8% GST and subject to review.)
Please note that the GST rate will be revised to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023, as such any payable course fees will be subjected to the new GST rate adjustments in 2023.
Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$16200.00|
|Singaporeans aged below 40 qualified for SkillsFuture Funding||$4815.00|
|Singaporeans aged 40 & above qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$1815.00|
|Singapore Permanent Residents for SkillsFuture Funding||$4860.00|
|Eligible Applicants for Additional Course Fee Funding Support*||$1065.00|