The years between 7 to 14 are pivotal for children as they go through dramatic developmental and social changes. Their experiences in school and other activities play a vital role in establishing their identities and character. As such, your guidance as a professional in student care is of crucial importance in optimizing this important time in their lives.
- Create challenging and developmentally appropriate environments to support the development of students and youths aged 7 – 14 years
- Support the physical development of students and youths aged 7 – 14 years
- Support the social and emotional development of students and youths aged 7 – 14 years
- Support the language development of students and youths aged 7 – 14 years
- Support the creative development of students and youths aged 7 – 14 years
- Support the cognitive development of students and youths aged 7 – 14 years
- Identify responsibilities under Workplace Safety and Health Act (ESS Workplace Skills Series: Workplace Safety and Health, Element 8.1.1)
- Assist with infection control and infection prevention
- Respond to signs of illness and accidents
- Respond to incidents and emergencies and crisis
Time: 8.30am to 12.30pm
Time: 8.30am to 5.30pm
This course consists of 2 modules:
A course specially designed for beginning professionals working with children aged 7-14 years old in student care centres and other services. Participants are exposed to two key areas in student and youth work, namely (1) how to respond to an emergency and manage a crisis, and (2) how to support services relating to the physical, social-emotional and
language development of children aged 7-14 years.
In the first module “Emergency Response and Crisis Management”, participants will gain awareness of, and how to respond to illness, accidents and emergencies at student and youth services centres such as student care centres. They will also learn how to adopt basic hygiene practices that will provide a safe and conducive learning environment for the children.
In the second module “Support Service to Children and Youths”, participants will be introduced to the different developmental milestones (physical, social-emotional and cognitive) for children aged 7-14 years old; learn how to identify the children’s strengths and weakness in these development areas, and; from there, adopt strategies to curate ageappropriate activities to support the children’s overall holistic growth. Participants will also be introduced to basic behavior and guidance principles to motivate positive behavior from
Students who attained at least 75% attendance and successfully completed the required assessments will be awarded two (2) Statements of Attainment from SSG.
- 1 pass in GCE ‘O’ level (any subject) OR
- 1 pass in GCE ‘N’ level (any subject) OR
- WPLN Level 4 (Speak, Listen, Read, Numeracy) and Level 3 (Write)
(SSC-ICM-2023-1.1) – 3 Class sessions: $266.43
(SSC-CAR-2005-1.1) – 7 Class sessions: $621.67
**Please note that students are not eligible for any course fee subsidy.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$224.10|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$141.10|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$224.10|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$141.10|
|Full course Fee||$888.10|